Gibson Brands Forums

buckethead V paul gilbert...

S t e v e

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buckethead is the reason why i still play the guitar....it was a boring ride when i didn't listen to him...I actually enjoy practicing now. I can play 3 of his songs all the way through :-k

Buckethead wins...Paul Gilbert is just as good , but lacks song writting skills imo.

Last I heard he's working on yet another cd ...i think he has over 28 studio albums out now..so even if you don't like him you cant say he isn't a hard working muscian.

If you have not checked out The Deli Creeps (my favorite band ever) do so ..they are a lot of fun [biggrin]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I think the videos you chose were unfair...the Buckethead one is probaly the worst one of his i have seen..where as Pauls is one of his best...and not to mention is a actual song vs. some random shredding.

Both are very scarry mother****ers anyway! As far as technical abillity are concerned' date=' perhaps Buckethead remains the only guy I know that can make a guitar sound like an Atari, simply by using some distortion. And he has alien fingers. Plus, he plays a Gibby!!![/quote']

One day, I was playing one of his crazy albums on the stereo and my dad kept saying "Wow! That sounds like videogame sounds!" In an interview, BH was asked if he tried to incorporate game sounds into his music and he said he doesn't do it on purpose but it's just natural from hearing the sounds.

This is just an opinion, (ahem BH fanboys), but Paul has got more soul to his playing, for lack of a better word. I don't feel he's trying to sell me something.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to dis BH. That's just my feeling on the two.

Here's one of my favs

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPGA3vjMLgE[/YOUTUBE]

I also have to note that, as far as performance styles go, I prefer Paul Gilbert as well. I know it's not important to most of you, but if I'm watching videos (like in this thread,) I don't want to deal with watching someone like Buckethead.

Paul Gilbert has always seemed like more of a close friend--one who plays guitar like a god.

Archived