Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Fun Pic Thread! or not.

jannusguy

Well...since we are showing electrics......here is my relic'd Tele, made by a local luthier.....has a wide 1 3/4" nut which is just great for my big hands.....and you know what they say about big hands......"BIG hands......Big gloves"....but I digress....great sounding....easy action....and I like how it looks.......AND I don't have to worry about the first scratch. Tele shape but back sculpted like a Strat, very comfy....lol

RelicTele001.jpg

RelicTele006-1.jpg

Going with "other brands", here's my '52 Tele AVS with a modded neck/headstock and custom leather pickguard to look like Springsteen's Esquire/Tele c1975 (BTR).

BornToRunLPG-s.jpg

ThinPG-1sm.jpg

ThinPGcu.jpg

97 Guild X-700 . . . carved solid spuce top, 17" lower bout, body 3-5/8" deep, flamed maple back & sides.

96GuildX-700sm.jpg

Winding up with my 08 Gibson LP Push Tone (GOM 5/08) - ebony fretboard and maple trapazoids.

LPflametopsm.jpg

I have only been fooling around with electrics over the last 2 years. For 30 years I have always been an acoustic guy but the electric bug has hit me and I am having fun with it.

I have a Custom made solid mahogany body hardtail strat with a 70's Fender bullet truss style maple neck and Custom Shop Texas Specials for pickups. The other is my newest trade aquisition. It is a 2006 Ibanez AS73 with the stock Ibz ACH1 and ACH2 humbuckers. It is a Maple laminate body with some pretty wood grain under the cherry stain. I play them through my Blonde Fender Blues Jr.

100_0251.jpg

My pedal setup which also was mostly picked up in trades over the last year or so.

PICT5622.jpg

And the whole gang just needed a new photo last week.

1-23-10MusicRoom.jpg

Here is the Dan-O Electric I found in a pawn shop and got for $150 out the door!

It sounds really unique and is fun to play. I recently watched the Mark Knopfler / Emmylou Harris Live DVD and Mark starts the show playing a similar Dan-O.

danelectro001Custom.jpg

danelectro002Custom.jpg

danelectro007Custom.jpg

Here is the Dan-O Electric I found in a pawn shop and got for $150 out the door!

Man, I had that same U-2 years ago in black. I really miss that guitar. I dont know what I was thinking when I sold it. Would love to get another one but the prices are kinda ridiculous now. Good job finding one for $150!

Man' date=' I had that same U-2 years ago in black. I really miss that guitar. I dont know what I was thinking when I sold it. Would love to get another one but the prices are kinda ridi****us now. Good job finding one for $150! [/quote']

I saw it at the pawn shop on a Thursday and tried to resist ....but dreamed about it all night. I went back to the pawn shop Friday, 5 minutes before closing time, played around with it till closing then took the $199 price tag and offered $150.... I guess the guy had Friday night plans since he said yes and took my money and closed up real quick!

The thing is in MINT condition. It is one of my better guitar purchases.

i just gave conchita' date=' my guatamalan gardener the night off otherwise i'd post a pic of her holding my epi goldtop....

(i guess me in in my bonjovi coat will have to do...lol.)

[/quote']

Very cool Cunkhead indeed.

You've probably seen them before but WTH?

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

CopyofIMG_0727.jpg

Archived