Gibson Brands Forums

Psychedelic paint job...

yoda

You might try and get an idea of the colors and design .....or specify what you would like if that is acceptable.....unless you have to just let

the artist do what they want......and you don't mind gambling it won't come out mc dees zoot suit colored.

I did this to an sg ....and liked the color contrast.........

11aa120.jpg

11aa102.jpg

The "fool sg" has inspired me to ask a friend to do a psychedelic paint job on one of my guitars. I'm not sure which one' date=' or if i'll buy one for her to paint.

Any thoughts, suggestions?[/quote']

That'll be *****en. As an Art Lover and primitive closet sketcher, I'd let her just go off on it, and hope for the best. Let her keep it until she's inspired, then love the results.

That'll be *****en. As an Art Lover and primitive closet sketcher' date=' I'd let her just go off on it, and hope for the best. Let her keep it until she's inspired, then love the results.[/quote']

Thanks, that's where i was leaning. Any thoughts on what guitar? look in my signature, or I could buy an other guitar to have her paint.

For the longest time I have hated the fool. Somebody has it in their Sig.

and it has grown on me to the point that I think you have a real good idea.

Go for it. I was thinking of a use SG off CL. Even if it's a little beat it's getting

fresh paint any way. Good luck!!!

CW

Thanks' date=' that's where i was leaning. Any thoughts on what guitar? look in my signature, or I could buy an other guitar to have her paint.[/quote']

Hi Yoda

I looked at your sig, and I'm not so sure if I would want to finish any of those beauties with a psychedelic type finish.:-k

Maybe look for a fair priced used faded SG or a Melody Maker that would be the donor guitar.... Personally, I've always been drawn to the moon and sun psychedelic imagery.

sun%20moon%20tap.jpg

yoda!!!

*cough sorry got excited cus there's relief chock post filler.

I've been working a ton lately so I've been absent t.t

I go with getting the project guitar as well...in the end if you love the work you can have another guitar touched...even if it's only a section of the guitar and not the entire thing.

Archived