Gibson Brands Forums

In ear headphones warning

Silenced Fred

You can't make this up, this actually happened to me today:

Walking in my high school, going to my next class listening to my iPod, as I get bumped, and my cable catches on the railing of the stairwell. Needless to say, my headphones go out of my ear, but (I used Skullcandy headphones) the little "bud" that makes it noise cancelling, and sound so good, stayed in my ear!

I could not get it out, and had to go to the ER today, spend an hour and a half waiting, to have 30 seconds for a doctor with a forceps to pull it out. Could I have done it myself? Probably, but as a musician, I would not risk my ears. Just saying as a warning, it happened to me. Don't make it happen to you.

They used to make us take our headphones off. No Using Walkmen in School, they said you had to be able to hear Fire Drills and other stuff.

Yep, Walkman portable Tape Deck was the IPOD of my generation.......or should I say the Transistor Radio of my Generation?

How long is the walk that you've got to listen to music?

In high school' date=' I had four minutes between classes - that's only enough time to listen to one or two songs, if any at all.[/quote']

5 minutes, I don't listen to my iPod too much in the hallways, but we were working on an essay in class, so I was listening to my iPod when class let out.

How long is the walk that you've got to listen to music?

In high school' date=' I had four minutes between classes - that's only enough time to listen to one or two songs, if any at all.[/quote']

We only get two mins.

And they wonder why im late when i have to go to my locker and go to the other side of the bulding in 2 mins. [cool]

i could listen to music in the alternative high school i graduated from,

really i would not have graduated if i couldnt have listened to music, i would have killed one of the loud mouth gangsters talking about tec nine and tripping cough syrup

i do agree earbuds are really uncomfortable

Maybe you could just not listen to your iPod in between classes. You could like' date=' talk to other people maybe. But then I'm pretty old school.[/quote']

That would be what you and I would do, but with kids today, that would be asking too much. They lack personal discipline and a true sense of community. It would also cut down on his "cool factor."

They used to make us take our headphones off.

Confiscate them is what I do. They aren't allowed and neither are cell phones. Too many adminstrators don't want to field phone calls from upset parents who don't understand why their child isn't allowed to wear them.

Well' date=' like' date=' maybe it's a class where no one I know is in the hallway.[/quote'']

Excuses are like a-holes. Everyone's got one.

My parents banned me from bringing my IPOD to school......

Good for you. Your parents love you and care about your social development.

...but we were working on an essay in class' date=' so I was listening to my iPod when class let out.[/quote']

Again' date=' excuses.

So you were listening to your iPod in class, ehh?

We only get two mins.

And they wonder why im late when i have to go to my locker and go to the other side of the bulding in 2 mins.

So grab what you need for your next class and bring it with you so you don't have to go to your locker.

If I were caught using my iPod in school' date=' the Principal would be there to personally take it away from me.

Then he'd probably kick me in the shin. The jerk...[/quote']

A man of honor and of principles who's not afraid of parents. He should be promoted to Super Intendant of the School District.

Archived