Gibson Brands Forums

New SJ-300

Navajo Chief

Just got my new SJ-300 (burst). I love the sound of the rosewood back and sides!!! What is your preference on a J-200...Rosewood or Maple?

Thanks.

Joe.

PICS????

SJ-300 may be the most beautiful thing except Jessica Biel naked.

• 5 years later...

With all the zombie threads sprouting life again recently, I thought I'd get on the bandwagon and revive one too....

Just got my new SJ-300 (burst). I love the sound of the rosewood back and sides!!! What is your preference on a J-200...Rosewood or Maple?

Thanks.

Joe.

To answer your question chief my immediate response would be 'maple' but I must confess to being much more impressed by rosewood clips than I thought I would be. Do you have some pics or clips of the 300?(assuming you still own it).

With all the zombie threads sprouting life again recently, I thought I'd get on the bandwagon and revive one too....

To answer your question chief my immediate response would be 'maple' but I must confess to being much more impressed by rosewood clips than I thought I would be. Do you have some pics or clips of the 300?(assuming you still own it).

Havent played that one mate, but I did play once a SJ-200 Custom with the rosewood b/s that popped up out of the blue in our local git shop. Probably the best rosewood guitar Ive ever played, lasted less than a week in the shop even with an almost 4k Eur price tag.

Archived