Gibson Brands Forums

Noticed a minor dent on my new Les Paul Studio Finish

nlel

Is it not uncommon to find minor imperfections to the finish of a brand new guitar? I am sure I did not make the dent myself and it is small and only noticeable if you go looking for it. Its on the left hand edge a little indentation.

Is it not uncommon to find minor imperfections to the finish of a brand new guitar? I am sure I did not make the dent myself and it is small and only noticeable if you go looking for it. Its on the left hand edge a little indentation.

picture?

It's gonna get banged up dude....its inevitable....

+1 i wouldn't worry about it my friend' date=' as you said it's noticable if you look for it but apart from that it's nothing major...i'm sure it's gonna have a few more knocks over the years...just enjoy playing her [confused

Heck back round 01 I got a new ebony SG Standard.........not a day or 2 before I come in and the cat is biting on the upper horn....

little dents from her teeth......... I was like .......HEY GET AWAY FROM THERE !......but it really did'nt bother me...that guitar was stolen

and I lost the sn so.........If I ever encounter used black Standard's I look on the horn for little cat bites.

Its not really worth the money it will cost me to return it and wait for another one which might be dented elsewhere or worse. I suppose its a bit like getting a computer screen with a bad pixel, its a minor imperfection that the manufacturer does not consider a fault.

It was an internet purchase so exchange is not really an option' date=' I guess minor imperfections like that are not uncommon with a brand new guitar?[/quote']

If you bought it on the internet (from a retailer) you are legally entitled to return it if not satisfied. So if it bothers you act now.

That kind of thing should not have gotten out of the Gibson factory. I would return it if it bugs you. When you buy NEW, you expect better than that. I'm considering sending my new LP back as well. It was shipped from the factory in Jan, I recieved it Feb 5 and 4 of the 6 strings have fret buzz. The quality check off card has a specific space for buzzing, and of course it was checked.Just curious,,do you have any issues with fret buzz?

That kind of thing should not have gotten out of the Gibson factory. I would return it if it bugs you. When you buy NEW' date=' you expect better than that. I'm considering sending my new LP back as well. It was shipped from the factory in Jan, I recieved it Feb 5 and 4 of the 6 strings have fret buzz. The quality check off card has a specific space for buzzing, and of course it was checked.Just curious,,do you have any issues with fret buzz?[/quote']

The factory setup is a way of making sure it can be setup properly. Shipping it across the country will effect it.

I never even considered returning it, I just wanted to see if anyone else had ever recieved a Gibson guitar with minor blemishes. I know some places sell returned guitars with minor scratches or dents for a reduced price and I guess mine would fall into that category if I returned it. The way I see it is that it does not affect the tone of the guitar, its minor, the paint is not affected, it would cost me quite a bit to return it and some people pay thousands for used guitars in far worse condition.

EDIT: and mine does not have any fret buzzing

Archived