Gibson Brands Forums

scored a cool historic SG

TattooedCarrot

Nice guitar... It's a 2000?? Why is it missing the tremolo cover? You might find one on E-bay if you watch for it.. I have seen them come up a few times. Looks more like mahogany then faded cherry to me but that might just be the photo...

Enjoy!!!!!

Awesome did you get the Historic documention for it? You should defientlely be able to replace the viola cover, even if you have to get one direct from Gibson or a dealer. Parts do come up on eBay as already mentioned and probaly the first place to keep an eye on!

How does she sound? Are all of the electronics original and in good order?

Wow' date=' if you wouldn't have said it was a reissue, I would have thought it was an original! Great looking guitar![/quote']

That's a very good point. The more I look at it, the more I now see less as a Historic a few years old, and more as Vintage in good original-looking condition. That's about as best of a compliment one could give a guitar.

Hi, New here so be gentle with me.

This is the guitar that I have been looking for, like this one but very cherry if you will. Couple of questions : do you think the vibrola has any adverse affect to the tuning and does the sound, feel and playability differ from a set tailpiece.?

I am confused about the various versions of this guitar, so what is the difference between an Historic, VOS and custom shop models.

Cheers

Stubert

Hi' date=' New here so be gentle with me.

This is the guitar that I have been looking for, like this one but very cherry if you will. Couple of questions : do you think the vibrola has any adverse affect to the tuning and does the sound, feel and playability differ from a set tailpiece.?

I am confused about the various versions of this guitar, so what is the difference between an Historic, VOS and custom shop models.

Cheers

Stubert

[/quote']

Welcome to the forum, Stubert! The Maestro I find has no adverse effect on tuning.

As for your next question, One Guitar can be all 3: A Historic is the line that is Made in the Custom Shop and can be a VOS (Vintage Original Spec).

Here's alink for more info Click on the model you like and then click on SPEC in the top right to see the details about the guitar: LINK

Good luck! Na dfeel free to ask asway. There are alot of great folks here with alot of knowledge about various guitars who are more than willing to help out.

Ok' date=' I'm slow. What's "[i']SDUGF[/i]"?

Lol, you ain't slow, it's another forum where tattooedcarrot posted a thread about this, on wich I am a member.

I thought it was bad enough for gas to see it once, but now I come on this one and see it again. Double GAS!

Lol' date=' you ain't slow, it's another forum where tattooedcarrot posted a thread about this, on wich I am a member.

I thought it was bad enough for gas to see it once, but now I come on this one and see it again. Double GAS![/quote']

Ok. So then it stands for something like "Seymour Duncan Unofficial Guitar Forum"?

Inquiring minds need to know!O:)

That is really sweet.

Question about the finish' date=' why did it turn so brown? Did it spend eight years in the sun, or something? I've heard of discoloration, but that's a completely different color. Will my HC SG look like that in eight years?

[/quote']

Beleive it or not, I had guitars do that from just being kept in the house in indirect sunlight and incadescent lighting. I suppose the wood just reacts to light, period.

Are you sure thats a 2000 reissue... Looks like the real deal to me. Pat. sticker pups and the cherry paint under the pick guard... Not to mention the serial number' date=' I think thats a 67 serial number. [/quote']

i believe that the PAF sticker is placed on the 57s and BBs. and if it was from 1967, it wouldn't have a LP TRC. (though that can changed of course)

Yeah, I'm began to wonder too. That's why I posted the Serial # info.. More details are need about the guitar, price where it was purchased, pot codes, all that helps in figiring this out. It can be either one, people can be creative or destructive...

i believe that the PAF sticker is placed on the 57s and BBs. and if it was from 1967' date=' it wouldn't have a LP TRC. (though that can changed of course)[/quote']

Yep, but if truly a vintage who know what has been done to it in 41 years. It certianly could pass based on pictures.

Archived