Gibson Brands Forums

Best of the Big British Bluesmen

grampa

CLAPTON IS GOD:-" ..........o.k. not really' date=' but he is one of my favorites. If B.B. King says he's one of the greatest, I'm not gonna argue wit him[biggrin']

albert king said the same thing about gary moore [cool]

Since we are not counting the Irish (Moore & Gallagher)' date=' and although many admire both Clapton and Beck (for his alien technique), I will go Peter Green all the way... Nobody else, from those mentioned, comes close to his feeling.[/quote']

We're not counting the Irish? Damn!

In that case, yeah, Peter Green. He was remarkable.

Of the choices, Clapton and Green are the only two that I would consider blues guitarists. Page is definitely not a blues player. Beck is more jazz fusion than than anything else, and Taylor seemed to switch styles too much to pin him as anything. That's not a slam on Taylor. The best music the Stones ever did was wih him.

ALL are fine players...no doubt, there.

EC and Jeff Beck are MY favorites! I don't really compare them, as their styles are so different.

So, for me, they are of equal standing, really. Eric gets the nod, for the "blues" catagory, this

time, as he sings, as well as writes, excellent material, too. His voice, now, has matured into

the best of his career...IMHO. And...he has always had Plenty of "Feeling!" Seen him, many times, from

Cream era, on. Never disappointed. Some shows were Amazing, and other's...just spectacular! ;>)

CB

(All the statements below refer to 'The British Blues Boom' specifically)

Eric Clapton changed the way the blues was played. Forever.

The 'Beano' changed the way people heard the blues.

Peter Green will always be the person who, for me, truly understood how to play the blues.

I guess if Steve's counting Northern Irish as British' date=' then I can count Irish as British as well.

In that case, I choose Rory Gallagher. [thumbup

what! is northern ireland not a part of great britain!, i never was any good a geographey at school [biggrin]...in that case i vote peter green [biggrin]

EXACTLY!

Who's band was it that Jeff' date=' Eric, and Jimmy were in anyway?

I'm with you Gramps..........[i']kids today[/i][cool]

Yardbirds!

Page played Bass to Jeff's lead, which is kind of indictaive I suppose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Yardbirds

Not too certain that Page ever graced Mayalls band ,think he did some production

I guess if Steve's counting Northern Irish as British' date=' then I can count Irish as British as well.

In that case, I choose Rory Gallagher. [biggrin

Northern Ireland is considered British.

Rory (I may be wrong here)...Is from the republic which is not under British rule.

Archived