Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Saint Patrick's Day

loneguitar

I just found out today that I'm one quarter Irish. Guess I'll have to have a Guiness or three and remember this day in the future!

I'll turn Irish Fri. nite too.

I'll celebrate with a beer or 6 and Irish Mist chasers...ta be sure

Expansive vocabularies are a GOOD thing' date=' IMO. [/quote']

If you'll forgive a bit of pedantry, shouldn't this be "expansive vocabularies are good things" or "An expansive vocabulary is a good thing."? What good is an expansive vocabulary, after all, if one doesn't put it to proper use? [biggrin]

Yup...i don't go out on St Patty's Day...i get sauced up at home!!! Its way safer and less crowded!

And cheaper...no gas, no cab fare, don't have to pay extra for someone else to pour your drink, no crowded bathrooms, no obnoxious drink hittin on your lady and only your favorite drinks to choose from!

Yeah!! Happy St. Patrick's Day. 50% Irish 50% German, I guess Beer is in my Blood.

St. Patrick is the guy that chased all the Snakes out of Ireland, right? We celebrate that by drinking large quantities of beer, right. This leads me to believe that the Population of Ireland had run out of Alcohol and were experiencing the Delirium Tremens, which cause Hallucinations like Snakes and Bugs. St. Patrick "Chased All The Snakes Out" by bringing them a New Supply Of Alcohol, so we celebrate by getting as Loaded as those Old Irish guys did on the day ST. Patrick broke the Dry Spell.

It will be 15 years this September since I was last in Ireland. I have tried the real Guinness beer not the water down Import that U.S.A gets

Here is something I bet some will not know?

What is the National symbol of Ireland?

It will be 15 years this September since I was last in Ireland. I have tried the real Guinness beer not the water down Import that U.S.A gets

Here is something I bet some will not know?

What is the National symbol of Ireland?

A Celtic harp I believe.

If you'll forgive a bit of pedantry' date=' shouldn't this be "expansive vocabularies are good things" or "An expansive vocabulary is a good thing."? What good is an expansive vocabulary, after all, if one doesn't put it to proper use? [biggrin

You're probably right mate, I didn't write it though, just quoting someone else.

Archived