Gibson Brands Forums

Concerts you'd pay to NOT have to see...

Jantha

(Shivers down the spine...)

Anyhow' date=' I thought the music was cool.

[/quote']

Yea Neo. That was definatley one of the ones I recognized. Like I said, their music (at least for this show) was very good and very guitar-based. I'm just glad no one snapped a photo of me there [-( You should have seen some of the characters there. A lot of Goth types too. I remember one "dude" was holding up a big sign that read "ONLY MORRISEY UNDERSTANDS US" :)

Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Linkin Park, Creed (when they were around), Limp Bizkit, anything emo, anything resembling hip-hop, anything regarded as punk rock these days..........Dave Matthews, Staind, Garth Brooks, Dixie Chicks...the list goes on and on...[wink]

Gimme REAL rock music without the super-polished turd feel.

Good thing Brant Bjork is releasing a new album March 30th [blush]

I'll gladly second the REAL rock music without the super-polished turd feel.

Anytime I hear music described as "World" music, progressive, or some other pretentious crap I'm gone.

Some of Rush is okay, they were incredible live despite the heavy reliance on synths.

Yes did very little I can stand to listen to.

Genesis went from weird to Pop, with very little of note in between.

Yeah, I have my list as well.

Gimme drums like thunder, and guitars that scream.

The bluesier, the better.

Whats wrong with Genesis lol [biggrin]

Now let's just think about that for a sec

1. Tony Banks

2.Mike ( super guitar hero(self styled|) Rutherford

3. Peter ( put the world right by plagerism) Gabriel

4. Phil Collins ( !!!!!!!!!!!)

And I got chucked out of Bath Pavilion for smoking dope on thier gig!

And so ya should ya freakin hippie slacker...next you'll be blogging about being thrown off the Stones tour fer throwin' Keef some bad horsie...

Men at work

and the Easybeats to you

cobber!![biggrin] :-

Don't ya be messin' wit Stevie matey. Respect where ECT is due...thievin' lil bastard he is...my drummer mate put him for a whuile and he & his missus done midnight raids on their kitchen...cupboard was fulla baked beans and such when they kicked 'em out...hahaha

My brother went to see Air Supply in the 70's. We still dog him about it. He said his Girlfriend made him go. Riiiiiiight.

He was smart...Ill bet he got some "lovin" afterwards! lol

I would never turn down a concert ticket. If it's music' date=' I'm there.

[blink

You might think differently if someone gave you a ticket to a hip hop deal at the Oakland Civic Auditorium. A successful concert is where less than 5 people are shot/stabbed.

I really would not want to see any of these "retro tours" of older groups playing their older hits for older folks whose musical development stopped when they were 25. You know, the Eagles Kiss, and other "classic rock" groups rehashing their tired old stuff.

I really would not want to see any of these "retro tours" of older groups playing their older hits for older folks whose musical development stopped when they were 25. You know' date=' the Eagles Kiss, and other "classic rock" groups rehashing their tired old stuff.[/quote']

I never tire of "classic rock." It's like a nice bottle of red wine; it gets better with age!:)

I didn't read all the posts and I'm sure they're great, but I would pay to not see Nickelback. My girlfriend told me once that they did some show where tickets were like 75 cents, so they're getting close to paying people to come.

Archived