Gibson Brands Forums

Picks?

Silenced Fred

red dunlop jazz III for me too. although' date=' i can't wait to get my hands on the max-grip jazz III. then maybe i can quit using gorilla snot to keep the dang pick stuck to my hand.... [/quote']

Jazz IIIs for me and the Ultex (can't tell a whole lot of difference, Ultex slightly warmer). Looking to try the max grips. Occasionally I'll use a 2.0 Stubby for a "glassy" sound out of my LP.

Dunlop tortex, but lately the Dunlop Ultex with the Rhyno on it (1mm). Really like the presence it gives my playing. Ironically when I got the polish kit with my guitar purchase I didn't like the thinner Gibson picks the pack came with.

I use Dunlop .71 Gator grips. Although those Ibanez picks look interesting. I like the fact that Gator grips don' chip and you don't hear a clicking noise when strumming strings. I also like the attack you get whether strumming or picking. They also out last the other picks I have tried.

PK417P-96.jpg

I swear by these picks. Never, ever have I played with a pick that works so great for me, regardless of style or playing venue (home or gig). I have a huge collection of picks I've gotten over the years, and these are the only ones I really love. I used to have those Fender 351 (heavy), and I filed the tip down completely flat and to about half the size it was originally in one rehearsal. What can I say, I play hard (although those Dunlops never fail me, the lifetime for one pick tends to be around 4-5 months at least) :)

Archived