Gibson Brands Forums

IPad is amazing!

retrosurfer1959

Not the easiest thing Apple has ever made to configure but once you get it paired up the right way it flies and is an amazing tool and simple to use. Dem00n you friend probably wasn't smart enough to own one, and your the first person I thought of when I started using it - the auto spelling feature would change your life.

Not the easiest thing Apple has ever made to configure but once you get it paired up the right way it flies and is an amazing tool and simple to use. Dem00n your friend probably wasn't smart enough to own one' date=' and you're the first person I thought of when I started using it - the auto spelling feature would change your life.

:-({|=[lol]:-

Fixed your spelling errors bud [biggrin]#-o:^o :-

Just ironic...

I played on one at the Apple store, and it hasn't that hard to operate if you have an iPod Touch or an iPhone. Coolest feature, IMO, is the reader capabilities once they get textbooks, they will make a killing (well more of one than they already do if they get all textbooks on it) I'm going to wait for the second gen and see what else they put on it. Did you get a wireless keyboard for it? I know you can hook one up and that would make it very useful.

:-$[lol][lol]

Fixed your spelling errors bud [cool]:-k#-o :-

Just ironic...

I played on one at the Apple store' date=' and it [b']hasn't[/b] that hard to operate if you have an iPod Touch or an iPhone. Coolest feature, IMO, is the reader capabilities once they get textbooks, they will make a killing (well more of one than they already do if they get all textbooks on it) I'm going to wait for the second gen and see what else they put on it. Did you get a wireless keyboard for it? I know you can hook one up and that would make it very useful.

fixed your mistake as well......idiot

Bottom line.

If you're a stupid teet lickin moron.

The ipad is not for you.

If you have a modicum of basic intelligence, which seems to be a rare commodity around "here" it's a cool item.

back to your regularly scheduled dumb@ssedry.

Bottom line.

If you're a stupid teet lickin moron.

The ipad is not for you.

If you have a modicum of basic intelligence' date=' which seems to be a rare commodity around "here" it's a cool item.

back to your regularly scheduled dumb@ssedry. [/quote']

AXE®... the Jewish Grandmother of the Gibson Forum....

I'm still using my Dare. It rocks for everything I need it to do. Gratz the new IPad, retro!

So can you talk and surf the web at the same time? It seems to be very important... there are millions of advertising dollars being spent to hype it, anyway... :)

I've already said this but as someone's sig says 'It bears repeating"

The iPad will not fail, BECAUSE Steve Jobs made it, Apple has way to strong of a cult following to let anything fail; at the very least it will simply fade.

Tablets are not new, they've been around and failed before.

The ONLY way (IMO) the iPad will become a success is if it becomes a standard in schools for reading/assigned work, etc, because of its inability to run multiple apps at once it gives teachers peace of mind that students aren't doing anything they're not supposed to. Not to mention that since it has to lay flat teachers can see what's going on on them.

The iPhone battery sucks, (Please don't deny it iPhone owners, you know it only lasts you about 10 hours per day) so I don't know what they did with the iPad battery so I'm not criticizing it, just making a point there.

If you like it great, it's not for me since it's just not different enough than what's already available aka a bigger iPhone. It's like those giant novelty remotes you see as gag gifts for old people so they can see the buttons. It's almost exciting.

And Yes, finally spell check can't help people with proper tenses and such, so here's a free one for the rest of this thread since most people will forget by the time they click close.

YOUR= possessive tense as in "is that your car?"

YOU'RE = You ARE as in "you're a tool for driving a hummer to work when you work at an office building"

Its definitely a cool device...i'm sure if they were free, we'd all take one! Right?

What I am having a problem with is the fact that I still don't really know what the intended use of the device should be. Is it simply an internet browsing machine?

I have an iPod touch, a MacBook and a Mac Pro at home so I am not anti-apple. I just can't figure out what this device is FOR...

As i said above, I wouldn't use it as an E-reader, but for browsing the internet, cool apps etc, it looks pretty awesome.

Its definitely a cool device...i'm sure if they were free' date=' we'd all take one! Right?

What I am having a problem with is the fact that I still don't really know what the intended use of the device should be. Is it simply an internet browsing machine?

I have an iPod touch, a MacBook and a Mac Pro at home so I am not anti-apple. I just can't figure out what this device is FOR...

As i said above, I wouldn't use it as an E-reader, but for browsing the internet, cool apps etc, it looks pretty awesome.[/quote']

See, I see the biggest feature being the reader, but not just that. Hear me out.

For college and all schools, text books are big and expensive and with more and more paper being used, but not being replenished, it would be eco friendly. I like it because it would enable me to have a "computer" with me and if you are reading a book, doing homework on the textbook, you can stop, go on the internet since you have it right there, and look it up. It has a ton of cool features, especially with iWorks being available for it.

It's not for everyone, but I have a ton of uses for it. I agree with you though, its kind of weird, and it doesn't really have a defined purpose, but that's kinda the whole beauty of it.

. The iPhone battery sucks' date=' (Please don't deny it iPhone owners, you know it only lasts you about 10 hours per day) so I don't know what they did with the iPad battery so I'm not criticizing it, just making a point there. [/quote']

Not really, I listen to music on it all day (8-4), check emails, web browse, check facebook, text all day, make phone calls, and I usually end up with right about 50% battery using it from 6 in the morning to 11 at night. [confused]

It's not the best, but considering I do all of that, while running it on 3G, I would say its pretty good

Fred...see I have a Kindle..have had one for over a year now...I would never choose to read anything longer than a website on a backlit screen. Some people would I guess, but your eyes get tired and the contrast is too much for the human eye.....

Thats the whole idea of the e-readers out there....Kindle, Sony and now Chapters/Indigo are releasing their own version....they have the digital ink feature that make reading almost just like reading a book. Really cool technology...but I guess people want their colour....

Apple makes some good stuff.. no doubt. I use both platforms regularly. I'll check out the iPad once a) I have a use for one, and [confused] the price drops.

There's only one thing I don't like about Apple products.. and the Simpsons sum it up well (as usual):

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Not really' date=' I listen to music on it all day (8-4), check emails, web browse, check facebook, text all day, make phone calls, and I usually end up with right about 50% battery using it from 6 in the morning to 11 at night. [blush

It's not the best, but considering I do all of that, while running it on 3G, I would say its pretty good

Same here. I use it from 6am til 12 in the night when I put it to charge, not because it's about to go out of bateries, but because by morning it will probably be.

It does have a backlit screen for the reader but the backlight is fully adjustable from very bright to zero - the backlit reader is one of the main reasons I wanted it I don't sleep much so I read in bed at night and the backlight work great.

Also very intuitive as a web reader and surf device large screen easy to move around and cool shortcuts on things like pictures and blocks of text, want a copy hold Down on it for a secondhand a dialog box pops up to save or edit.

Battery don't know yet at 100% charge I used if for four hours and used 32% of the battery so ten or twelve hours is probably possible I was watching a movie and surfing web with backlit screen on so fairly heavy use, with no hard drive battery life should be fairly good

iPod and I phone function is all the same for about 80% of the programs I tried the ones that don't work function fine they just don't resize to iPod yet

Coolest function to me is Pages running as a basic word processor very slick and strong tool for such a small package. Allot of people are *****ing that it costs $7.99 but what's the deal when was a word processor eight bucks leet alone free.

Everybody has to decide on for themselves what it's worth or not for me a cool toy that is stretching the boundaries on tech for $600 I'm in.

It does have a backlit screen for the reader but the backlight is fully adjustable from very bright to zero - the backlit reader is one of the main reasons I wanted it I don't sleep much so I read in bed at night and the backlight work great.

Also very intuitive as a web reader and surf device large screen easy to move around and cool shortcuts on things like pictures and blocks of text, want a copy hold Down on it for a secondhand a dialog box pops up to save or edit.

Battery don't know yet at 100% charge I used if for four hours and used 32% of the battery so ten or twelve hours is probably possible I was watching a movie and surfing web with backlit screen on so fairly heavy use, with no hard drive battery life should be fairly good

iPod and I phone function is all the same for about 80% of the programs I tried the ones that don't work function fine they just don't resize to iPod yet

Coolest function to me is Pages running as a basic word processor very slick and strong tool for such a small package. Allot of people are *****ing that it costs $7.99 but what's the deal when was a word processor eight bucks leet alone free.

Everybody has to decide on for themselves what it's worth or not for me a cool toy that is stretching the boundaries on tech for $600 I'm in.

Archived