Gibson Brands Forums

Hail the Loonie!

deepblue

The Canadian dollar (Loonie) is now par with the US dollar, in fact its suppose to

be worth more in the coming weeks.

The last time this happened was two years ago....The year I bought my R9.

I saved alot of money.

Just a heads up to my Canuck brothers and sisters who plan on a Gibson purchase

or any other purchase in the near future. Hold off untill the prices reflect the dollar.

Youd be shocked as to how much youll save.

When I was in the UK from 83 to late 88 the dollar and pound did almost the same thing.

One Pound = $ 1.05

A few friend purchased a few things like brit pound and other valuable items. I got my 2203 and 1960A in Nottingham and brought it back on the train. A Major I worked with purchased 10' date='000 pounds when it got that low and it was around 1.45 a pound. So he made 4k clear and free just buy doing this small investment. [/quote']

When I lived in England (Tunbridge Wells) I had to pay $2.28 for one British Pound.

*Ouch*

The Canadian Dollar (Loonie) is now par with the US dollar, and is supposed to surpass it?

The dollar slides, jobs evaporate, private investments now worthless, real estate owned by banks...

YesWeCan.gif

Change We Can Believe In becomes I Believe There's Some Change In The Sofa Cushions

You ought to be dancin' on the "Welcome" mat NeoConMan, A weak dollar means we, the US can less afford imported crap. People on the outside, can better afford the crap we have to sell.

Woo Hoo! "Happy Days Are Hear Again!"

It's all in how you dress it. :D

I hear you loud and clear.

Fair trade is one thing, but national decline is something else entirely.

Pretty soon, even the rich will be unable to buy a f-ing thing.

I have serious doubts that anybody in our gubmint was looking at trade imbalances to rationalize their sh!t.

Pretty soon' date=' even the rich will be unable to buy a f-ing thing.[/quote']

This Rich is still paying for the bar tab from the cruise last month, has a car insurance payment coming up soon and still have to do taxes (for which there will be no refund). No new toys for me for a while.

I liked it better when our government was run by responsible adults.

Gotta go back a few decades before we see much of that.

We now have a generation of voters clueless about the original role of the US government.

They hear something that sounds good and mark their ballot for it.

It's like promising every kid in the country cake and ice cream...

What about Afghanistan?

All those poppies are worth a fortune to the heroin trade' date=' and now "we" don't want to impede that biz...[/quote']

Got that right.........I believe we are now looking the other way as part of American good will, hearts and minds and junkies. Also now there is talk Karzai is on junk himself.

As soon as bullsh!t politics get involved in military action, it's time to load our guys up and bring them home.

That was Bush's mistake, and I was hoping and praying he would figure it out but he never did.

Let fxcking Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi go over there and straighten things out - alone.

Leave them a cell phone, and tell them to call us when they get the job done.

I agree .....we should pull out lock stock and barrel..........really there is no threat to us from the Taliban, and cruise missiles can always take out any

traiing camps and such. Let them go back to fighting each other as they have done from the begining of time. There has never been a real national

government in Afghanistan.

Archived