Gibson Brands Forums

Funny video my friend sent me...

Twiz

Yeah, the scrawny, tatted, pierced, goth-looking slacker chick at the door probably wouldn't be that dumb.

Pity to think she's likely smarter than the sales punks, eh?

You know, I was struck that the two "dudes" were so eager to leave her at the counter.

I figured they would be telling each other to go get the other guitar, or hardcase....

Good clip though.

Gotta show the wife.

:-)

Yeah' date=' the scrawny, tatted, pierced, goth-looking slacker chick at the door probably wouldn't be [i']that[/i] dumb.

Pity to think she's likely smarter than the sales punks, eh?

You know, I was struck that the two "dudes" were so eager to leave her at the counter.

I figured they would be telling each other to go get the other guitar, or hardcase....

Good clip though.

Gotta show the wife.

I was thinking the same thing about the guys leaving her at the counter. I'd be serenading her with fusion classics.

Any real guitar center would have badgered for a half hour about the product

It's funny to think about Mrs. Neo being in that position.

She's very nice' date=' quick with a friendly smile, and not confrontational in any way.

That doesn't give the impression of an inner core of [b']concrete and steel[/b] - she's a grade school teacher...

I've watched her deal with sales people who don't listen to exactly what she tells them.

She clearly and politely states what she's looking for, and they take it as a cue to "sell" her something.

Amazing woman - she finally will hit them, quietly, like an iron fist in a velvet glove, smiling all the while.

Once they figure out she doesn't budge, then she will get what she asked for with no further bullsh!t.

She's stopped by Guitar Center a couple times to pick something up for me.

I think the sales punks were crying when she left.

And it never ruffles her feathers in the least - she treats sales people and first-graders the same way.

God I love her....

She read your post, smiled, and said "That's certainly true of Guitar Center...."

She was dealing with those *** holes when her son got the guitar bug - before we met.

Once we started dating, she was absolutely incensed at the truth behind some of the scams they pull.

She fell victim to a couple herself.

You think I hate those *** holes?

Talk to Mrs. Neo.

Oh, she's polite and hates to say anything bad about people, but get her talking awhile....

Neo, your wife and my wife are as alike as two peas in a pod! One time we were in Florence for a conference. I wanted to save my grant some money so I didn't book the hotel through the conference (I think I did it through hotels.com, which was about 20 Euros a night cheaper). Well, when we got there we found out they gave the people who registered through the conference the best views. We were going to get the "back wall" view. My wife was not going to stand for that. Well, after a few rounds of "aggressive negotiations" we ended up with the upstairs suite that had a perfect view of the Ponte Vecchio. God I love her...

Archived