Gibson Brands Forums

So I've been thinking of adding a third pickup...

Andre S

How?

GLP1319 . . . if you ever see a used 3 pickup LP in a shop the cover on the middle pickup is often really worn because it is positioned where most people strum the strings. So your pick keeps striking the middle pup. Of course everybody has a different style of playing, but I have a feeling that this is one reason why the 3 pickup models have never been that popular.

319' date=' we need a thread of all the ideas you've had for modifying your guitar. That poor LP...[/quote']

Its not that many, besides I am happy to have a Les Paul Studio just a little different from everyone else.

Without bothering with the dates:

Changing Plastics to a Creme set, done over one year

Dunlop Straploks installation

Removal of pickup covers

Faux Binding

Changing pots and caps to RS guitarworks stuff and changing the config to 2V, Master T

Installation of the mini toggle for the fishman powerbridge and powerchip...

The last one the actual installation of the powerbridge will be in the late summer.

GLP1319 . . . if you ever see a used 3 pickup LP in a shop

Never.

the cover on the middle pickup is often really worn because it is positioned where most people strum the strings. So your pick keeps striking the middle pup. Of course everybody has a different style of playing' date=' but I have a feeling that this is one reason why the 3 pickup models have never been that popular.

[/quote']

Next time I am playing I will try and note it...and see if I thing it will..

Archived