Gibson Brands Forums

What's the catch?

yoda

Can't figure it out either and with more than 150 views no takers...mmmh

I find the pics odd, no clear shots of key areas like the back of the neck at the headstock and the heel.

With that stinger it'd be easy to hide a repair.

You can always ask the seller for more pics and ask questions.

I dunno... I don't know that much about LP used prices.

But...

Let's assume all is on the up and up. You still have a 22-year-old non-Gibson LP that may be excellent quality but is not going to have the resale value of a Gibson and is being offered for sale in a generally poor economy.

Gibson is a brand that has meaning to the general non-guitar-nut purchaser. Heritage does not.

So... then we start to figure less than an optimum circumstance and so also might others who could be interested but also are figuring less than an optimum piece that they can't see or touch...

I'll be blunt on this one... were I in the market for a high quality LP clone at around the $1,000 price point, I think I'd be more likely to buy something I could put my hands on before plopping down the cash, even if it were for an Epi or whatever else might be available. Your touch tells a lot more than your eyes; and in person, your eyes tell you much more than the best photographer can relay.

That perspective likely is common among those who've looked at this particular piece, I'll wager.

m

Can't figure it out either and with more than 150 views no takers...mmmh

I find the pics odd' date=' no clear shots of key areas like the back of the neck at the headstock and the heel.[/quote']

It's because nobody knows anything about them.

Excellent guitars, and I've seen this situation develop many times on Ebay.

Sometimes they're hot, sometimes they're not.

Materials and build quality are every bit the equal to Gibsons in the same years.

Good price means a good deal on a Les Paul.

Seller has 100% feedback on 900 transactions, so I'm certain it's well-represented.

With that stinger it'd be easy to hide a repair.

You can always ask the seller for more pics and ask questions.

I was thinking the same thing concerning a headstock repair' date=' but with good pics I'd jump on it.

Just remember, a cheap sale price now may mean a cheap sale price if you ever wanna sell it later.

Like Blackie sez, it's still regarded as [i']a copy [/i]of a Les Paul by most people - right or wrong...

What those guys said - it doesn't say "Gibson" on the headstock. If you don't care about that kind of stuff, I'd go for it; everything I've read about Heritage indicates that they're very nice guitars. Heck, I bought a VERY red Peavey guitar from AXE and it's awesome but I'll never have to worry about someone stealing it at a gig.

n1525539006_180784_6254.jpg

I'm trying to figure out why the price on this guitar is so cheap. I've been thinking about getting a Heritage was wondering your thoughts.

Link

iv'e no expierence with them personaly' date=' but i know gary moore owns one so they must be cool...right?

here's the man playing one.

[YOUTUBE']

[/YOUTUBE]

I'll be blunt on this one... were I in the market for a high quality LP clone at around the $1' date='000 price point, I think I'd be more likely to buy something I could put my hands on before plopping down the cash, even if it were for an Epi or whatever else might be available. Your touch tells a lot more than your eyes; and in person, your eyes tell you much more than the best photographer can relay.

[/quote']

+1

The pics do seem...what they hiding? Either way I wouldn't call it "cheap".

Not everyone can just spend that cash, maybe in a better economy it would be cheap, more takers and all...

Why is it so "cheap"?

Probably because Heritage is a less known brand outside of the Gibson world.

Probably because the Heritage company has been on the ropes of late and people are gun shy about buying a guitar from a potentially defunct company.

Maybe if they had installed a "Made in the former GIBSON factory" truss rod cover it would command a higher dollar.

I know several people who've gigged with Heritage guitars.

Two guys I know here have guitars they bought in the mid-eighties, at the beginning of production.

25 year old guitars, still perform flawlessly.

Everytime I see them at a gig and somebody asks about the guitars, they almost always assume

they are some sort of import/lawsuit copy. Explaining the whole Kalamazoo thing takes some time....

What everyone else said - it is a lesser known brand so the resale market is not as good for them.

If I were you I would jump on this. Heritage guitars are very nice. Everyone I have played has impressed me. Plus it is the same cats that made Gibsons out of their old Kalamazoo plant in my home state of Michigan. It's just like a Gibson Les Paul, but with an ugly headstock.

I saw Roy Clark in concert a few years ago. All but one of his guitars was a Heritage. I think, but can't prove it, he may be a silent partner at Heritage Gutars.

The odd ball guitar was an Ovation, "Deacon", 12 string. Used it to play "Somewhere My Love". The double course had a mandolin like quality about it. It must have been heavier than sin as it is the only time during the entire concert he sat down.

Archived