Gibson Brands Forums

What were your first two electric guitars?

Andre S

Well first two were a Washburn force 3...a strat copy, single coils, maple nack and bad *** guitar- wish I still had it

Second is a washburn G1-V...just a humbucker with a split coil in it, and I still have it [-(

Duane' date=' we've talked about this how many times? no posting pics of this guitar.....and for your second guitar? holy crap...must be nice haha[/quote']

I don't usually like white customs, but that is a pretty nice one....I have to say

This one, was my first "electric." My Mom bought it, for my 14th birthday...along with a Fender "BandMaster" Amp. I still have the Strat, but

not the amp (unfortunately)!

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0014-1.jpg

My second Electric, was a New ('66) Gretsch Country Gentleman. I graduated up to a Vox

Super Beatle Amp, at the time, too. I still have a Gretsch, but not the "Super Beatle"...unfortunately, again. LOL!

Both can be seen, somewhat, in these (2) old band photos...scannned from original polariods, when I

was 16..sorry, but that's all the "evidence" I have, of that period. ;>b

08-20-2008124508PM.jpg

08-20-2008122537PM.jpg

CB

Nice CB...some quality looking gear there...

LOL...thanks, far more than I/we needed, to play most places we got to play...

including National Guard Amories. But, we were lucky, to have not only

understanding parents, but supportive too, of our "Rock & Roll!"

Fun, and far more innocent, times! ;>)

CB

But' date=' we were lucky, to have not only

understanding parents, but supportive too, of our "Rock & Roll!"

[/quote']

I know how that feels....and I think that trumphs all.

although I think our "Rock & Roll" was and still is just noise to them!

I know how that feels....and I think that trumphs all.

although I think our "Rock & Roll" was and still is just noise to them!

Well, I'm sure it was, to some of them...no doubt! But, my Mother, for one, was

a real "Beatles Fan!" She actually introduced them, to ME...by way of a film clip

on the Jack Parr show, prior to their Ed Sullivan Appearance, and actually bought me

my first "Meet The Beatles" album, that next day. Most "long suffering" parents, at

the record store (Innes Department Store, in Wichita) would just get the demo album,

hand it to their kid(s), and patiently wait outside the (Glass encased) listening booth.

But, Not MY Mom...LOL! She was right in there with me, listening, and having a ball!

That band, "that made the whole world Happy," was Great, in her mind. So....as I said,

I was (very) lucky!

CB

Well' date=' I'm sure it was, to some of them...no doubt! But, my Mother, for one, was

a real "Beatles Fan!" She actually introduced them, to ME...by way of a film clip

on the Jack Parr show, prior to their Ed Sullivan Appearance, and actually bought me

my first "Meet The Beatles" album, that next day. Most "long suffering" parents, at

the record store (Innes Department Store, in Wichita) would just get the demo album,

hand it to their kid(s), and patiently wait outside the (Glass encased) listening booth.

But, Not MY Mom...LOL! She was right in there with me, listening, and having a ball!

That band, "that made the whold world Happy," was Great, in her mind. So....as I said,

I was (very) lucky!

CB[/quote']

I'll say!

Charlie Brown' date='

Love that strat. You kept it in great shape. Has anyone made an offer on it?[/quote']

Thanks, bluesguitar65...

Well, yeah...I've had several offers. One for 30 Grand, about 10 years ago. I smiled, and

very politely, declined. He then said: "Well, how much DO you want?!" But, because it was

a gift, from my Mother (who's gone now), and was purchased 18 months, after my father

died, and while she was working 2 jobs, and going to night school, never mind that it's

my first ever (electric) guitar...it's simply Not For Sale! As much as I LOVE ALL my other guitars,

this one, is "priceless," to Me! ;>)

CB

First 2 electrics? ok then....1980something Kramer 6000ST. Neck broke 2x and I got a MIJ Fender Jagaur.

Hey Mojo one of my fav axes was an 87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe. Metallic red with rosewood fb and black hardware/floyd rose trem. Man I could make that thing wail. Regret ever selling it.

Here I am putting it to good use back in the day.

cap004a-1-1.jpg

Archived