Gibson Brands Forums

Road Rage

Californiaman

If you haven't figured it out yet, road rage can get you killed.

Connecticut man confronts motorist at his home after road rage incident and is fatally shot

Published June 07, 2010 | Associated Press

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — Authorities say an angry driver in Connecticut followed a fellow motorist to his home, drove off and returned later with a friend, who was fatally shot when he approached the home.

Bridgeport police say 21-year-old Jeffrey Parlemon was shot in the lower extremities Sunday afternoon and died at a hospital.

Police say the two other men became involved in the road rage incident just before 4 p.m. One of them drove to a home, and the other followed.

Police say the second driver left and returned shortly with Parlemon, who went up to the house. Police say Parlemon was wearing a mask and the first driver shot him, thinking Parlemon had a gun.

Authorities didn't identify the shooter or the other driver.

Getting so pissed off while driving is such a waste of time and energy. I'm a polite driver but I still get cut off and deal with other jerky moves from fellow motorists but what are you going to do? I figure I have two choices: either get all pissed off, tailgate the guy or cut him off in return or, instead just move on with my life. I choose the latter; it wasn't the first time I got cut off and it won't be the last and I'm a much happier camper if I blow it off.

Getting so pissed off while driving is such a waste of time and energy. I'm a polite driver but I still get cut off and deal with other jerky moves from fellow motorists but what are you going to do? I figure I have two choices: either get all pissed off' date=' tailgate the guy or cut him off in return or, instead just move on with my life. I choose the latter; it wasn't the first time I got cut off and it won't be the last and I'm a much happier camper if I blow it off.[/quote']

Living in Jersey it's very difficult to let it roll off my back sometimes. I can't go around the block without somebody harassing me with their vehicle. They are very aggressive drivers around here.

I moved to New Jersey when I was 31 and have never been in a car accident till that point. I am now 47 and have been hit in the rear 8 times. One of the slobs even had the balls to try and sue me. He later got nailed for insurance fraud.

Living in Jersey it's very difficult to let it roll off my back sometimes. I can't go around the block without somebody harassing me with their vehicle. They are very aggressive drivers around here.

I moved to New Jersey when I was 31 and have never been in a car accident till that point. I am now 47 and have been hit in the rear 8 times. One of the slobs even had the balls to try and sue me. He later got nailed for insurance fraud.

I've lived in NJ all of my life; maybe I'm just used to it.

lol! No way, the only time I ever hit someone was when I was trying to slow down on a sheet of ice while approaching a red light. I bumped the guy who was stopped in front of my while sliding at around 3 miles per hour. The cop who showed up nearly fell on his *** while walking on the ice and saw no need to issue a ticket. Conversely, I've hit a few deer in my years of driving; dumb things will actually run into the side of your car.

Getting so pissed off while driving is such a waste of time and energy. I'm a polite driver but I still get cut off and deal with other jerky moves from fellow motorists but what are you going to do? I figure I have two choices: either get all pissed off' date=' tailgate the guy or cut him off in return or, instead just move on with my life. I choose the latter; it wasn't the first time I got cut off and it won't be the last and I'm a much happier camper if I blow it off.[/quote']

I agree Rich, if you get pissed and let it get to you it ruins your whole day and those around you, because they have to put up with you in an ill mood.

All this while the jerk that pissed you off has long ago forgot about the issue!

You gotta wait 'til they breach the front door' date=' then you unload on them. Front yard, might not be good enough, but with the right jury.....

[/quote']

Not in good ol' Texas - here's it's when they come on your property. In fact there is an anti-carjacking law (passed around the time they legalized concealed carry) that allows you to open fire if you feel threatened in your car.

I always hated the days, when there were "shooters" on the LA Freeway(s)!

It made driving to work, all that much more "interesting/exciting!" I could have

done without that kind of excitement, though.

LA's a crazy place! Can be FUN, too...but it's definitely got it's darker side. ;>b

CB

Inside the house means nothing you must be in fear of your life or protecting someone else's life. You can't protect property and you can't use deadly force to stop something like theft even for guitars which seems wrong [biggrin] .

It would be very bad to follow me to my house like that very bad. And a leg shot is often fatal, the thigh is heavy muscle so a lot of trauma and bleeding a the femoral is one of the bodies major arteries clip that and bleed out is less than four minutes.

Not in good ol' Texas - here's it's when they come on your property. In fact there is an anti-carjacking law (passed around the time they legalized concealed carry) that allows you to open fire if you feel threatened in your car.

Yup, depends upon the state. The above don't count as legal up here in Down State Chicargo.

In some counties, >ahem< Plug-em and stuff 'em through front door is encouraged by the local jean-de-arms. :-

I'm working on my anger towards stupid drivers, I just keep telling myself they just can't do any better than what they do in the first place.

Know what really gets me boiling though? When there's two lanes at an intersection, and one is for right hand turns, and the other is for straight and left, or one is for left and the other is for straight and right, and you're in the proper lane and some a$$ hat pulls up next to you to try and merge infront of you before the intersection closes off. They just can't stand to be behind you so they try and sneak past you in the wrong lane. Frig.

In my town, we've learned to stay out of certain parts of town at night on the weekends. There are way, way too many unlicensed drivers in this town. Sometimes it's a bit unnerving just driving up and down Broadway.

Case in point, the authorities stopped 89 unlicensed drivers and impounded their cars Saturday night. It's not racial profiling either. It's a very effective DUI check point.

Do you think they were deported? No. They were issued misdemeanor tickets. Only three were arrested for DUI.

I'm working on my anger towards stupid drivers' date=' I just keep telling myself they just can't do any better than what they do in the first place.

Know what really gets me boiling though? When there's two lanes at an intersection, and one is for right hand turns, and the other is for straight and left, or one is for left and the other is for straight and right, and you're in the proper lane and some a$$ hat pulls up next to you to try and merge infront of you before the intersection closes off. They just can't stand to be behind you so they try and sneak past you in the wrong lane. Frig. [/quote']

That happens here in Jersey too. I had a guy try so hard to do that to me but couldn't make it before the lane ended which resulted in him reending my brand new Chrysler 300.

Archived