Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or' date=' lack thereof! LOL! [/b']

Thank YOU, Gibson...we All appreciate the information, ANY information, from you all, at this point. ;>)

CB

surprisingly, i'm more than ok with the wait. i must be gettin' old. ;>)

I am suspect given the identification of the poster. Would much rather have someone who actually has the Gibson customer service id.

Trust me on this. As someone who Moderates on another (non-guitar) major Forum, someone shows up on Gibson's own Forum (especially in the Feedback/Support area of the Forum) claiming to be Gibson's GM, if not legit they'd last anywhere from minutes to a couple of hours (tops!) before it got deleted and the Member banned.

Haven't read all the posts, read some of em (13 pages! ;)) This looks like a very appealing guitar to me. I wanted something with p90's and a regular sized body but I couldn't justify the outlay for an R6 to myself.

Hopefully these get produced in an unlimited version in the future. I doubt I'll be able to snag one out of the limited run as I have some other axes in the works currently.

Trust me on this. As someone who Moderates on another (non-guitar) major Forum' date=' someone shows up on Gibson's own Forum (especially in the Feedback/Support area of the Forum) claiming to be Gibson's GM, if not legit they'd last anywhere from minutes to a couple of hours (tops!) before it got deleted and the Member banned.[/quote']

T Bone I moderate on a handgun hunting forum, so I am aware of policing the threads. It requires a constant watch and herding cats can be much easier sometimes. I am just skeptical by nature.

So have no Gibson's been released from the factory since the flood? My local Gibson retailer (dietze music) just got in a new appetite for destruction, a couple standards and studios a couple of weeks ago. Ive also been seeing some of the Online retailers getting restocked on some specific guitars..Are these guitars coming from a different source?

So have no Gibson's been released from the factory since the flood? My local Gibson retailer (dietze music) just got in a new appetite for destruction' date=' a couple standards and studios a couple of weeks ago. Ive also been seeing some of the Online retailers getting restocked on some specific guitars..Are these guitars coming from a different source? [/quote']

They must have been shipped from Warehouse 13.

warehouse-13.jpg

It "seems" to be sold out, already. BUT, like anything, it may be still possible, to obtain one.

There have been cancellations, because of the time delay, and/or impulse buyers deciding it

was just that. So, don't loose hope...you might find one, yet.

In the meantime...lust at your leisure. ;>)

LPST5WGCH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

Nashville_Day202_Gibson20USA_Gold20.jpg

FromClipboard-1.jpg

CB

Regarding the question about how many pieces are in the body of these tribute les pauls; here is the description from the musicians friend website:

"The 1950s Tribute electric guitar consists of a basic Gibson Les Paul chassis with all the essential elements needed to rock, including a tight-grained "bookmatched" maple top that fits snugly on a two-piece mahogany body. This wood combination yields a specific yet versatile tone that many guitarists have come to demand. The one-piece mahogany neck has Gibson's traditional rounded profile, which graces the neck of each Gibson Les Paul Studio 1950s Tribute, emulates the neck shapes of the iconic Les Paul Standards of the late 1950s. Rosewood fingerboards and trapezoid inlays have been a mainstay feature on Gibson Les Paul guitars ever since the model's introduction in the 1950s. The resilience of dense and durable rosewood makes these fingerboards extremely balanced and stable, and gives each chord and note unparalleled clarity and bite. Additionally, the 12-inch radius of the Gibson Les Paul Studio's fingerboard provides smooth note bending capabilities and eliminates "dead" or "choked out" notes. The traditional trapezoid inlays are made of figured acrylic, and offer a classic "pearl" look.

The headstock of the Gibson Les Paul Studio 1950s Tribute is equipped with Grover Kluson style green keys. With a gear ratio of 14:1, these tuners deliver precision tuning in a durable housing that provides maximum protection for the gear and string post. The Gibson Les Paul's Tune-O-Matic bridge, sets a standard for simplicity and functionality that has never been bettered. The Tune-O-Matic provides a firm seating for the strings, allowing the player to adjust and fine-tune the intonation and string height in a matter of minutes.

Both the neck and bridge position pickups are equipped with cream-colored screaming single-coil P-90 pickups. The P-90 was the standard pickup on all Gibson guitars in the late 1940s and into the 1950s and because of its crisp, bright tone it has experienced resurgence in popularity with many of today's modern rockers. These classic Gibson guitar pickups deliver sizzling, slightly gritty midrange roar. You'll find that the P-90s' high output and biting treble has more nuanced harmonic coloring than the typical single-coil pickup.

The Gibson Les Paul Studio 1950s Tribute guitar has a finish that looks a little used, and has a smooth, worn look to it, which lets you see and feel the wood grain's natural beauty. Comes with a durable Gibson gig bag."

Gibson Les Paul Studio 1950s Tribute Electric Guitar Features:

Model name: Gibson Les Paul Studio 1950s Tribute Electric Guitar

Model number: LPST50WGCH1

Body style: single-cutaway carved top Les Paul

Top wood: maple

Body wood: mahogany

Finish: worn nitrocellulose lacquer

Headstock Inlay: Gibson Logo

Silkscreen: Gibson Logo + Les Paul Model

Truss Rod: Gibson Adjustable Truss Rod

Truss Rod: Cover Bell-shaped cover, stamped "Studio"

Neck: mahogany

Neck profile: '50s

Neck joint: set

Nut: Corian

Fingerboard: rosewood

Fingerboard inlays: figured acrylic trapezoids

Hardware plating: Chrome

Tuners: Grover Kluson style green keys

Pickups: Gibson P90 with cream covers

Pickup selector: 3-way

Controls: volume, volume, tone, tone

Knobs: cream top hats with silver inserts

Pickguard: cream

Bridge: Tune-o-matic

Tailpiece: stopbar

Case: Gibson deluxe gig bag

SunDogAZ

Well, I called and cancelled my order for the goldtop. A J45 acoustic is calling my name more than this guitar, and I have enough electrics the way it is. It wasn't the fact that I had to wait, because I still have to save up for the J45, I just think it might have been an impulse buy on this guitar. Once I had some time to cool off on it, realized I want a new acoustic way more than a new electric.

PSA:

It appears that post #1 gets updated from time to time...

Thanks for that! And to Gibson' date=' c'mon guys, how likely is it we'd check there? a new post here would have been great in addition to the update in the OP. Just sayin'....

Here is what I noticed as changed from the last time i read it:

ALL FIVE FINISHES ARE NOW SOLD OUT!

*Please check with your favorite Gibson dealer to find out what they ordered.

Shipments to dealers will resume late July!

Resuming in Late July, I think that's great news! Now, if someone at GC doesn't hijack my Gold Top, I should be good to go! (They've got more orders than guitars coming , sounds like they have 36 Gold Tops expected, and I think they've taken orders for over 100- I do know that I was around the 25th to order one, according to what I was told when I placed the order. My Salesman confirmed no new info with his warehouse two days ago when I picked up my exchanged Robot Les Paul Jr. Special....

Thanks for that! And to Gibson' date=' c'mon guys, how likely is it we'd check there? a new post here would have been great in addition to the update in the OP. Just sayin'....

Here is what I noticed as changed from the last time i read it:

Resuming in Late July, I think that's great news! Now, if someone at GC doesn't hijack my Gold Top, I should be good to go! (They've got more orders than guitars coming , sounds like they have 36 Gold Tops expected, and I think they've taken orders for over 100- I do know that I was around the 25th to order one, according to what I was told when I placed the order. My Salesman confirmed no new info with his warehouse two days ago when I picked up my exchanged Robot Les Paul Jr. Special....[/quote']

Thanks for posting that TBone,I never would have seen it otherwise.

Archived