Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when gibson ship to the UK do they actually ship to the UK by boat and how many days would it take to actually get to the UK by boat, thanks

I believe I read in a earlier post, they slow boat them over to you guys, which is probably 4-5 days, but, customs, another story. Who knows about that?

Could be fast turn over or... Highly doubt airfreight, the cost would be way to high to send that way. #-o

I believe I read in a earlier post, they slow boat them over to you guys, which is probably 4-5 days, but, customs, another story. Who knows about that?

Could be fast turn over or... Highly doubt airfreight, the cost would be way to high to send that way. #-o

I agree. Air would probably be $100+ each (guessing, but seems about right). "Overnight" if even available, probably 3x that. And that still wouldn't get it through Customs faster. I'd guess allowing two weeks from shipping to store would be close (maybe a bit more, depends on whose warehouse it goes to and how long they take to process).

I agree. Air would probably be $100+ each (guessing, but seems about right). "Overnight" if even available, probably 3x that. And that still wouldn't get it through Customs faster. I'd guess allowing two weeks from shipping to store would be close (maybe a bit more, depends on whose warehouse it goes to and how long they take to process).

Hey T Bone, What city are you living in? I grew up in Roseville, Fraser myself, before moving a few hundred miles north up here under the bridge. [cool]

Hey T Bone, What city are you living in? I grew up in Roseville, Fraser myself, before moving a few hundred miles north up here under the bridge. [cool]

You live under bridge? And you Northerners call US Trolls... Lol, kidding!! I love Northern Michigan (tough place to make a living though), used to scuba under that same bridge out of St. Ignace. Haven't been up there in awhile. For those unaware, he's talking about a 5 mile long suspension bridge that joins Michigan's Upper and Lower Peninsulas.

I'm originally from Detroit, living in Redford now. Might as well move up by your area though, can't seem to make a decent living down here anymore either!

Okay, we need this back on topic, so I guess I'll spill the surprise... Tuesday is NGD. Or should I say NGTD? [woot]

Was reading on MLPF about a guy who got a Honeyburst 50's Trib. from Sam Ash a few days ago (bought at his local store). Then he mentioned "Each Sam Ash retail store is getting 1 or 2 and that is it. I gather NYC got a GT yesterday". Thought for a few minutes, yeah right. Then I thought "couldn't hurt to call and inquire". A few minutes later, I was reading my CC info off to the Salesman at Sam Ash in NYC. Tracking number shows it being delivered here Tuesday. And while I was on the phone ordering it, my GC Salesman called me back, telling me they should get my GT on Tuesday (funny, eh?) and ship it out the same day. What will I do if that happens? (The Sam Ash order was impulse, hedging my bet against a possible cancellation or SNAFU with the GC order). Well, not certain yet. Possibly keep both and drop some mini Humbuckers in one. That'd be sweet. OTOH, a few days ago I was thinking of getting rid of both and seeking a good deal on a clean used R6 !). Time will tell. Let's see how the next week or two pan out! Should be good, for LOTS of players!

You live under bridge? And you Northerners call US Trolls... Lol, kidding!! I love Northern Michigan (tough place to make a living though), used to scuba under that same bridge out of St. Ignace. Haven't been up there in awhile. For those unaware, he's talking about a 5 mile long suspension bridge that joins Michigan's Upper and Lower Peninsulas.

I'm originally from Detroit, living in Redford now. Might as well move up by your area though, can't seem to make a decent living down here anymore either!

Okay, we need this back on topic, so I guess I'll spill the surprise... Tuesday is NGD. Or should I say NGTD? [woot]

Was reading on MLPF about a guy who got a Honeyburst 50's Trib. from Sam Ash a few days ago (bought at his local store). Then he mentioned "Each Sam Ash retail store is getting 1 or 2 and that is it. I gather NYC got a GT yesterday". Thought for a few minutes, yeah right. Then I thought "couldn't hurt to call and inquire". A few minutes later, I was reading my CC info off to the Salesman at Sam Ash in NYC. Tracking number shows it being delivered here Tuesday. And while I was on the phone ordering it, my GC Salesman called me back, telling me they should get my GT on Tuesday (funny, eh?) and ship it out the same day. What will I do if that happens? (The Sam Ash order was impulse, hedging my bet against a possible cancellation or SNAFU with the GC order). Well, not certain yet. Possibly keep both and drop some mini Humbuckers in one. That'd be sweet. OTOH, a few days ago I was thinking of getting rid of both and seeking a good deal on a clean used R6 !). Time will tell. Let's see how the next week or two pan out! Should be good, for LOTS of players!

I got a sister that lives in Livonia by the Jack Rousch plant, That side of town has WAY to much traffic for my likings. The east side was always less congested. Now with living here, the traffic is that much worse when I head down there for visits.. Last time I was down there was my Father's funeral couple years ago.I gotta get back down there this fall

Anyway, how many 50's have you gotten or received so far?

All I want is 1!! I wanted a Honey, but the stores were aal out when I tried in 7-3 when I found out about them. So I ordered a Cherry Burst from G.C. and who knows if I'll even get that... Ya got any extras on ya ?? :lol:

I got a sister that lives in Livonia by the Jack Rousch plant, That side of town has WAY to much traffic for my likings. The east side was always less congested. Now with living here, the traffic is that much worse when I head down there for visits.. Last time I was down there was my Father's funeral couple years ago.I gotta get back down there this fall

Anyway, how many 50's have you gotten or received so far?

All I want is 1!! I wanted a Honey, but the stores were aal out when I tried in 7-3 when I found out about them. So I ordered a Cherry Burst from G.C. and who knows if I'll even get that... Ya got any extras on ya ?? :lol:

Does your Sister ever go to Herc's? It's right near there, a pretty good family owned roast beef/steak/sandwich joint with a bar. And speaking of Roush, I hope Jack's done crashing airplanes!

Always felt exactly the opposite about the traffic, East side always seemed worse to me. Not uncommon, seems Woodward separates generations of Metro Detroiters, and the two commonly stay to their own side (I travel all over, but prefer the West Side still).

Try calling Frank at Same Ash Direct, extension above, I'd bet he can get you a Honeyburst- though he had nothing to do with the NYC Gold Top I ordered.

I've got the HB, and the (hopefully) two incoming Gold Tops. That's one (two actually... [laugh] ) more than I initially planned/can justify. But I've been known to do odd things before. Time will tell what will become of these, I plan to keep all, or all but one. As I said, time will tell (I've got to get a pic of them all together at lease, can't resist filling the entire ProLine rack with my own Les Pauls! [woot]

I've been kind of lurking here for the last couple of months, reading all your posts, so first, thanks for all the good info and entertaining posts.

I came a little late to the party, 6/25, and figured the GTs were history. But, I always wanted a black LP and an LP with P90s, so going that route was a pretty easy decision. Ordered one from M123 and have been told repeatedly that they were going to get a bunch 8/31, which is consistent, I guess, with what everyone else has been hearing from MF and GC. I got another backorder notice today, but I"ve been getting one every 10 or 11 days since I ordered, so this was consistent with that. The first time I called after getting a notice the CSR I spoke to told me I was golden, so hopefully that's the case and if the shipment with my ebony 50's Trib hasn't arrived yet hopefully it will in very short order. I'll call Monday morning and see if I can get more detailed info.

I've been kind of lurking here for the last couple of months, reading all your posts, so first, thanks for all the good info and entertaining posts.

I came a little late to the party, 6/25, and figured the GTs were history. But, I always wanted a black LP and an LP with P90s, so going that route was a pretty easy decision. Ordered one from M123 and have been told repeatedly that they were going to get a bunch 8/31, which is consistent, I guess, with what everyone else has been hearing from MF and GC. I got another backorder notice today, but I"ve been getting one every 10 or 11 days since I ordered, so this was consistent with that. The first time I called after getting a notice the CSR I spoke to told me I was golden, so hopefully that's the case and if the shipment with my ebony 50's Trib hasn't arrived yet hopefully it will in very short order. I'll call Monday morning and see if I can get more detailed info.

Welcome to the group. Hope your 50s Tribute arrives soon.

BTW, that's an interesting name "Windmills Optional". It sounds like something that would come up in those web security things where you have to type the two random scrambled words for verification. :-k

BTW, that's an interesting name "Windmills Optional". It sounds like something that would come up in those web security things where you have to type the two random scrambled words for verification. :-k

Thanks. I hadn't thought about the name that way, but it does indeed sound like one of those security things. Actually, it's based on Pete Townshend being one of my earliest favorite guitarists, but these days trying to copy any of his old stage moves would probably send me to the orthopedist.

A friend of mine got the HSB through Sam Ash and it's either shipped yesterday or shipping today, either way, they were spot on for the 8/31 date. However, my order from Sweetwater got bumped to Nov 30th, why is Sweetwater getting such a crap deal with their delivery dates? Has anyone else here ordered theirs through Sweetwater as well? Kind of bummed that while my order is pretty much a lock, I've got to wait 2 more months than most others. ](*,)

Bump for other Sweetwater customer's... :(

At work we usually call this a captcha code

Sorta like concrete waterbed sheets you mean?? Bet you haven't heard of them words put together.

New faces and new places glad your here

Hey, T bone, no go for that. Had 3, but WERE spoken for. But, I'm still hunting for wabbits!!! I'm hoping to bag a Honey of one soon... [thumbdn]#-o

What a chat-room this thread has become.

Given that 8/31 is the magic number issued by some many retailers, I'd expect that we'll soon be hearing about confirmed shipments to end users.

Or maybe not.

Personally, I am trying to cover all bases to attain 1, let alone more to resell on eb@#.

I seen that G.C. were getting them in early but with the same expected date as M.F.

I don't want to miss the boat, so to speak on this particular guitar. I am extremely worried about over pre- orders.

Hind sight is indeed 50/50. I'm sure the manuf. at a dealer wouldn't have any problem saying sorry dude... So why not counteract if possible is what I say.

Well,it is 8/30 so I called MF today to ask for an update and they still won't give me a firm yes or no about whether they will get their shipment tomorrow.WTF?

In all honesty, with being in the computer era, with no more bean counters, high tech and all, you WOULD think a major co. like M.F. could click a mouse for god's sake??

If I can search web and find anything, I mean just about anything, you would think somebody would tell somebody something.. It really is NOT a deal, if I get one in Oct., but at least give me something to verify if I AM or NOT, getting one.

That's all just a yes or no. If that is asking too much from people, then find somebody else to at least do the job and really cares about us. I f I just shrugged my shoulder all the time at work, my head would roll and probably even get canned.

So why is it everybody else shrugs and says " I DUNNO!! " I'm beginning to think that in the old days abicus ( thingy with beads sliding back and forth ), was a better system. Nowadays is's so informal with customers. Your just a couple clicks away from the next person to get fed b.s.

Nobody cares these days........ [cursing]

Well,it is 8/30 so I called MF today to ask for an update and they still won't give me a firm yes or no about whether they will get their shipment tomorrow.WTF?

Yeah, I called M123 today about my most recent backorder notice, and the CSR I spoke to said they're still showing that 8/31 date and that I should get a tracking number within 24-48 hours of them receiving and shipping the guitar. Of course she then told me that if they don't get them in tomorrow they'll change the anticipated arrival date to a new date reflecting whatever new info they get from Gibson.

I guess that means we'll see tomorrow.

What is really frustrating is: Sam Ash,who didn't even have them available for pre order until a month after everyone else,and they are the first to get them? I mean WTF man? WTF?

DSCF3020.jpg

Holy crap, that's just an amazing looking goldtop, I don't know if it's the lighting or the particular finish on that one, but DAMN!! [wub]

What is really frustrating is: Sam Ash,who didn't even have them available for pre order until a month after everyone else,and they are the first to get them? I mean WTF man? WTF?

DSCF3020.jpg

That's another very frustrating part of the equation we will never know. Don't even get me wound up on that!! [-X

That's another very frustrating part of the equation we will never know. Don't even get me wound up on that!! [-X

Posted on MLPF today

"so i walk into sam ash in brooklyn, ny today and what do i see in the store? one honeyburst 50s tribute and 1 gold top 50's tribute...so guess who is now the proud owner of a gibson les paul 50's tribute? i bought the gold top. "

Posted on MLPF today

"so i walk into sam ash in brooklyn, ny today and what do i see in the store? one honeyburst 50s tribute and 1 gold top 50's tribute...so guess who is now the proud owner of a gibson les paul 50's tribute? i bought the gold top. "

Wondered, I thought maybe it was yours. Brooklyn, huh? Sort of figures, a regional thing. NYC's Sam Ash had one too. At least that one won't be permanently residing in the Empire State, thanks to another MLPF Members post. Has anyone else thought to call any of the Sam Ash stores in the area there? Hmm??

Wondered, I thought maybe it was yours. Brooklyn, huh? Sort of figures, a regional thing. NYC's Sam Ash had one too. At least that one won't be permanently residing in the Empire State, thanks to another MLPF Members post. Has anyone else thought to call any of the Sam Ash stores in the area there? Hmm??

The prettiest girls Live in Brooklyn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGKZCDmPLvg

mygoldtopmonopoly006.jpg

mygoldtopmonopoly007.jpg

mygoldtopmonopoly009.jpg

Archived