Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

Nah, GC is just now starting to get their guitars in. The Glod Tops (and I think HBs) were all pre-sold. Not likely you'll see any of these on the wall, unless they had cancellations. At least that's what I've been told... (my GC Rep will be contacted to verify).

Sweet video, great sound from both! Surprisingly similar too, how close are they without the OCD?

the tribute a bit brighter without the OCD, but by not much. P90s are really amazing pickups.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the tribute a bit brighter without the OCD, but by not much. P90s are really amazing pickups.

hey, tough question for you, which guitar do you like better the custom or the 50s tribute [flapper] [flapper]

could you please make a video with the 50s tribute doing some aerosmith motley crue, guns n roses and zz top if you know any thanks![thumbup][thumbup][rolleyes] [rolleyes] [laugh] [laugh]

hey, tough question for you, which guitar do you like better the custom or the 50s tribute [flapper] [flapper]

could you please make a video with the 50s tribute doing some aerosmith motley crue, guns n roses and zz top if you know any thanks![thumbup][thumbup][rolleyes] [rolleyes] [laugh] [laugh]

Im actually playing the 50s tribute more these days. Just enjoying that P90 tone. Sure, I'll make some videos playing some covers of classic rock..........I will attempt to at least. [biggrin]

Im actually playing the 50s tribute more these days. Just enjoying that P90 tone. Sure, I'll make some videos playing some covers of classic rock..........I will attempt to at least. [biggrin]

thanks! gotta hear a little la grange! play some real mean sounds [flapper] [flapper]

Thanks for posting. Some subtle differences that might be more pronounced in a live setting. All good though; the playing was fine, nothing to make excuses for in my opinion.

Yes, the neck pickups sound very similar, the big change is when switching to the bridge pickups, P-90's are more brilliant. Thanks for the comment, I will keep practicing anyways.

Saw this on another forum.

"I had a dealer tell me that the word from Gibson is they'll fill their backorders, will continue the line but NOT the goldtop "

But who knows how accurate the message is from when it originated? (Seems every other time word is passed off, the story gets changed a bit). People misunderstand things all the time.

We already heard directly from Henry J. that the line would retain it's limited edition status (on the other Forum).

As for Gibson filling backorders, plenty of room for interpretation there too. Which back orders? Those where companies over sold? Or those originally committed to dealers? And why would they single out the Glold Top, the far and away most popular one. "We'll give you more of this model, just not the one everyone wants". Makes no sense to me... not saying any of what you heard is wrong, just that there is so much potential meaning in it, for me, I'll classify it as another rumor (there are many in this thread, some probably spread by me! [scared] Though not intentionally).

I look forward to the rest being built and delivered over the next few months, so we can finally see who gets what and what rumors were true and what were simply conjecture or misunderstanding.

But who knows how accurate the message is from when it originated? (Seems every other time word is passed off, the story gets changed a bit). People misunderstand things all the time.

We already heard directly from Henry J. that the line would retain it's limited edition status (on the other Forum).

As for Gibson filling backorders, plenty of room for interpretation there too. Which back orders? Those where companies over sold? Or those originally committed to dealers? And why would they single out the Glold Top, the far and away most popular one. "We'll give you more of this model, just not the one everyone wants". Makes no sense to me... not saying any of what you heard is wrong, just that there is so much potential meaning in it, for me, I'll classify it as another rumor (there are many in this thread, some probably spread by me! [scared] Though not intentionally).

I look forward to the rest being built and delivered over the next few months, so we can finally see who gets what and what rumors were true and what were simply conjecture or misunderstanding.

The interesting thing about the guy I quoted in my post above: He was the 1st person I know of who actually bought one of the Goldtops back before most of us even knew of their existance.

He first posted about his Gibson Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute Goldtop on May 15th when he first saw one at his local store:

"...Gold top with P-90s? Don't see really anything about the line anywhere, but dang if I didn't just buy one :-)

Nice and light, spanky, plays great off of the rack. The Gold Top finish is pretty nice for a "worn" designation. I'm as happy as a little gurl..."

NewImage.jpg

The Gibson rep he is referred to must sold at least some of the original "60" that had escaped so maybe he knows something.

I noticed the necks are quite a bit different in color? Is that the shadows, or are they really that much different?msp_confused.gif

My Studio's rosewood color is kind of red, which looks good on the Wine Red body of the guitar, while my GT's rosewood is darker. That's nice about Gibsons, each is different on its own.

SAM_1619.jpg

Archived