Gibson Brands Forums

Introducing the Les Paul Studio 50’s Tribute – Limited Run from Gibson USA

Gibson USA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi everyone im new here and i bought a gibson les paul tribute heritage cherry but i gonna know how may of each color are because one person say 120 other person 150 etc well i gonna wait for my new toy and for your answered

Wish we could help, but Gibson hasn't released the numbers yet. We simply don't know here in the Forum. A few have posted info, but it has yet to be substantiated, and there are many conflicting stories (in fact Gibson has refuted some themselves).

The only word in print from Gibson was in another thread, where it was stated that would be making more than the 96 of each color that had been quoted by a Member here.

I'd imagine at some point Gibson will announce the totals, but it looks like it may be after the run is finished. Should be all produced and shipped by some point in December I think.

Wish we could help, but Gibson hasn't released the numbers yet. We simply don't know here in the Forum. A few have posted info, but it has yet to be substantiated, and there are many conflicting stories (in fact Gibson has refuted some themselves).

The only word in print from Gibson was in another thread, where it was stated that would be making more than the 96 of each color that had been quoted by a Member here.

I'd imagine at some point Gibson will announce the totals, but it looks like it may be after the run is finished. Should be all produced and shipped by some point in December I think.

I heard 125 of each color?msp_confused.gifeusa_liar.gif HAHA...

hi everyone somebody can tell me how is the sound of the p90 in the bridge because yea i see a lot of videos but real i never listen a p90 i have a epiphone limited edition but this guitar have the classic hambuckers obviously i gonna have in these guitars a lot of difference but im think a lot the sound of the bridge is enough the sound is powerfull well i wait your answered and one more think i stay practice my english here if i have any mistake please tell me

60 made it out the door late April.Then....we had a flood. Shipments resumed in August.

ALL FIVE FINISHES OF THIS "LIMITED RUN" MODEL ARE NOW SOLD OUT TO OUR DEALERS!

*Please check with your favorite Gibson dealer to find out what they ordered and what they may have available for you to order.

Update 8/28/2010.....GUITARS SHIPPED OUT SO FAR IN AUGUST

AUSTRALIA - 22

AUSTRIA - 2

CANADA - 17

GERMANY - 17

IRELAND - 2

JAPAN - 47

SCANINAVIA - 39

SWITZERLAND - 3

UNITED KINGDOM - 57

USA - 273

-----------------------------------------------------

Les Paul Studio loaded with P-90's for how much?

Orange Drop Capacitors on a Gibson USA model that costs how much?

Faded finishes that look vintage.........Worn White against cream plastic...That's not right, but it is............Gold Top?

Did we mention "This is a Limited Run Gibson USA model".

$1,399 Retail Price. Ask your local dealer for details. Shipping soon.

"In honor of the decade that gave birth to rock and roll Gibson USA is proud to present the acclaimed Les Paul Studio in a unique new package. The new Les Paul Studio ’50s Tribute model embodies the look and tone of the great original Les Pauls from the 1950s, at a price that fits the wallets of today’s hardworking musicians. Ever since its introduction in 1983, the Les Paul Studio model has been enormously popular with players seeking the power and versatility of the original Les Paul Standard in a ready-for-action package, with a price to match. The Les Paul Studio ‘50s Tribute sticks to the script entirely, but its five worn ’50s-style finishes and meaty dual single-coil P-90 pickups give it a look akin to classics from the decade of the Les Paul’s birth, so much so that you’ll be doing a double-take to check it’s not an original 55-year-old Lester!"

LPST5WGCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

LPST5WHCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

LPST5WSCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

LPST5WECH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

LPST5WWCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

This is a great guitar! Theres finally an affordable P-90 LP! I am gonna have to buy one. You should have a gloss version, as well as a standard version. GO GIBSON!

Look what I found at craigslist. Looks like a fellow forum member is already selling his/her 50s tribute just days of receiving it.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/1933647325.html

Maybe he bought 2 and is selling one for a $400 profit. Might work,I just did an Ebay "completed auction search" for '50s Trib Goldtops and here are the results for sold items:

1 @ $1799

1 @ $1299

1 @ $1274

3 @ $1199

Great Idea! I will make a demo comparing the 50s tribute and my Les Paul Special with p90s. Stay tune.....may upload by mid next week.

Great! Looking forward. I'd like to hear something with just a touch of some tube distortion on the Class 5 dialed at 3 or 4 on volume and full on with Treb, Mid, Bass. Just my request.

Maybe he bought 2 and is selling one for a $400 profit. Might work,I just did an Ebay "completed auction search" for '50s Trib Goldtops and here are the results for sold items:

1 @ $1799

1 @ $1299

1 @ $1274

3 @ $1999

Are you, or did you, sell one extra that you had? Or am I imagining that?msp_confused.gif

Are you, or did you, sell one extra that you had? Or am I imagining that?msp_confused.gif

I haven't got any yet.

I made a typo,I meant to type

"I just did an Ebay "completed auction search" for '50s Trib Goldtops and here are the results for sold items:

1 @ $1799

1 @ $1299

1 @ $1274

3 @ $1199"

I just came back from GC in Nashville and they have one in black, I did not care for the neck profile at all, more of a D carve, the one I tried in Memphis at the Gibson showcase was nicer to me witha C carve.

I can't believe all the hype surrounding this guitar which seems to be mainly based on a few of the selected colors available and that people are paying such high prices for GoldTops on eBay when you can get a proper finish used Deluxe for that money, hell maybe even an R6 and both are miles away from these 50's Tributes. Definitely a case of "To each its own".

I can't believe all the hype surrounding this guitar which seems to be mainly based on a few of the selected colors available and that people are paying such high prices for GoldTops on eBay when you can get a proper finish used Deluxe for that money, hell maybe even an R6 and both are miles away from these 50's Tributes. Definitely a case of "To each its own".

Personally, I don't think buying a used guitar is smart, especially when you're talking about something with a fixed neck, where the warranty doesn't transfer, and it's over a thousand dollars. Just my opinion, though.

I just came back from GC in Nashville and they have one in black, I did not care for the neck profile at all, more of a D carve, the one I tried in Memphis at the Gibson showcase was nicer to me witha C carve.

Yeah, it sure seems like some folk's perspective has gotten a bit skewed,

to say the least. As nice as they are, they're not CS R-6's. But, for

the folks that have more money, than sense...I suppose, if they want to

spend that much on one, who am I to say otherwise? ;>b LOL

CB

Archived