Gibson Brands Forums

Long overdue picture thread

Dub-T-123

Finally updated my iPhone so I can post pics. These were taken on my iPhone so the quality might not be too good. Excuse me if my room is messy in some pics. My brother was moving out I don't normally have stuff piled around. Also the hideous blue bed with the fish blanket is not mine.

photo-10.jpg

photo-12.jpg

photo-5.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo-2.jpg

No problem and thanks :)

Yeah I remember it like it was yesterday :-k The Vox rocks. I'm having a little trouble with it right now. Seems one of the tubes need to be reseated. I can see exactly which one it is but I have no clue how to access it :-#

Sorry I should have explained that. The photos with the covered pickup are when it was stock. The zebra pup is a BB3 that Duane V sent me (I still owe him!) Same guitar.

Also in the second pic the guitar is in very bright sunlight. The finish is normally darker looking than that. I think that picture shows the grain nicely though.

The little amp in one of the pics is a little old 3-knob solid state amp that I have. It actually rocks. It sounds "vintage".

Nice looking SG.

Good colour and the 'board looks really fine.

I always think I'd like an SG but I've never found 'The One' that made me want to part with my hard-earned.

It's fun looking, though!

Thanks for the compliments guys! She's my baby.

Pippy yeah I love how in the right light my fretboard almost appears a violet-ish red. That pic of the fretboard was taken a long time ago. It looks dirty in that picture. It's wayy dirtier now. I've never cleaned it. I'm starting to think it's looking a bit lighter so I may clean it and hit it with some FretDr.

Before I found this guitar I wanted a Les Paul. When I played this I had to have it. The neck feels noticably different from any other SG I've ever played. If I had a signature neck profile this is it. I don't know if I'd say the tone is incredibly distinguishable but it sounds great and it's actually really loud acoustically and has a lot of sustain. It also never breaks a string or goes out of tune (for me at least). I never thought I would get an SG. This just turned out to be my favorite guitar ever.

Archived