Gibson Brands Forums

Memphis factory

Andre S

Ahem' date=' the proper term is Caucasian les paul. [/quote']

I see this going downhill fast. All I am saying is that, if true, the White ones are far superior :-k

(I am truly kidding, but if the white les pauls are made in the custom shop, they are probably better... just sayin' :- )

Ahem' date=' the proper term is Caucasian les paul. [/quote']

Les couldn't help the way he was bornded.

You cain't pick you parents, but you can pick a Les Paul. :-

Good thing I found my source before it went even more downhill as Fred put it...

premierguitar's Gibson Memphis factory tour:

Part 1:

skip to 2.20

Part 2:

Part 3:

It also has some info about the ES 335 neck tennon which someone had asked about a while back and stuff about the blocks of maple in the centre in certain ES models.

Only the Double Neck and White LP Custom....Everything else is an ES

(I am truly kidding' date=' but if the white les pauls are made in the custom shop, they are probably better... just sayin' :- )[/quote']

The Mephis shop has no real business calling itself a custom shop. It's just a hollow body shop, the only solid body they make is the white lp custom. All historics and customs are made in Nashville. They do have two seperate shops in Nashville if your unaware.

Good thing I found my source before it went even more downhill as Fred put it...

premierguitar's Gibson Memphis factory tour:

Part 1:

skip to 2.20

Part 2:

Part 3:

It also has some info about the ES 335 neck tennon which someone had asked about a while back and stuff about the blocks of maple in the centre in certain ES models.

Only the Double Neck and White LP Custom....Everything else is an ES

Excellent videos thanks for posting them!!

The Mephis shop has no real business calling itself a custom shop. It's just a hollow body shop' date=' the only solid body they make is the white lp custom. All historics and customs are made in Nashville. They do have two seperate shops in Nashville if your unaware.

[/quote']

Yeah, I know. I was just being a d¡ck. Someone has to. I still don't get the segregation of the colors though, it doesn't make any sense. What makes the white ones different?

dont tell Murph that Memphis isn't the actual Custom Shop. I tried to explain to him that "Custom Shop" is a management umbrella for Memphis and the actual Custom Shop in Nashville. I think he had a seizure at the thought that his ES-339 wasn't a true Custom Shop guitar (ie made in Nashville)

Hey guys! The Custom Shop has two factories: one in Nashville and one in Memphis. The logic in the notion that the Nashville factory is the true Custom Shop would actually suggest that the true Custom Shop is in Kalamazoo, MI -- sounds more like a religion than a business. I love my ES-339, and my ES-335, and my ES-137. Oh BTW, the lead guitarist for the band Kings of Leon plays an ES-137 and they're last record has sold nearly 7 million units to date. They're doing something right in the Memphis Custom Shop.

Hey guys! The Custom Shop has two factories: one in Nashville and one in Memphis. The logic in the notion that the Nashville factory is the true Custom Shop would actually suggest that the true Custom Shop is in Kalamazoo' date=' MI --[/quote']

That's what I tried to tell FennRx.

He's kind of, well, you know.......

[confused]

Archived