Gibson Brands Forums

Hate having to tune your guitar constantly? There may be light on the horizon

DAS44

Sounds like it will work. However, springs, like strings, get old, they fatigue and lose their tension. Notice that there IS a tuning adjustment in the mechanism which looks quite small and quite inconvenient to adjust.

I'll let age settle on the invention before I bite.

What i don't get is , you still have to tune up ? right? so, this thing keeps it in tune forever? most likely not, so you need to re-tune. and what's the up side? I'll pass and keep useing my standard tuners. they work fine. and if you string up your guitar correctly , it stays in tune just fine. So if it ain't broke - don't fix it .

Guitars are basically at a point where we've got their build down to a science, and adding more crap to them does not make it any better. I'm sure some metal people who constantly have to re-tune from heavy playing could find some use in this, but being perfectly in tune does not mean you'll sound great anyway.

Being slightly off pitch can have interesting effects also, it all seems like kind of a sterile idea to me.

Also, yes you can bend, according to their descriptions, and get vibrato, it's not considered "auto-tune"

Seriously pass, I would NEVER do something like that to a guitar personally.

Not for me.

500 bucks and I get a big ugly hole in the back of my guitar? No thanks.

I may be wrong but I think the 500,000 was the development cost over the 5 year design phase.

I really don't see where all these issues with tuning stability and guitars comes from. I've played since 1983, and while I probably was too young and stupid to notice if I was in tune or not when I was 6 years old, I'll still say that during all these years I haven't had a guitar that "constantly" went out of tune, no matter how I played it. From cheap *** no name guitars to high-end Ibanez, Gibson, Fender I can't say I've ever had one that gave me any real issues that couldn't be atributed to poor set-up, old strings, worn out tuner, worn out floyd parts, and so on.

Have I just been lucky with my guitars, or have I've been playing all these year without realising that I'm tone deaf?

Let me get this straigt... you have to ruin your guitar by routing it for that thing (even if it's a strat as they say it's like a normal strat trem routing but deeper). You also have to pay "less than a gibson robot system would cost you" (acording to the site) which would be anywhere from 1 buck up to 900 bucks (could be 899,99). You would have to learn to use the damn thing.

And you still have to tune the guitar.

What exactly does this thing do again?

Archived