Gibson Brands Forums

Rickenbacker

Silenced Fred

Why on God's green earth can't you get the selling price from anyone without having to Email or have a secret talk about it?

I have found out the prices, and while they are expensive, there are far more expensive guitars out there that have regular price tags.

Am I missing something?

It's all about franchise agreements dealers have to abide by to sell Rickenbackers.

If you don't stick to it, they will jerk your agreement in a heartbeat.

Rick has a reputation for doing exactly that.

Being a dealer, one requirement is to honor the Minimum Advertised Price.

Can't advertise a number below that, so they ask you to call or come in for a price quote.

You can sell below MAP, you just can't advertise it.

It's all about franchise agreements dealers have to abide by to sell Rickenbackers.

If you don't stick to it' date=' they will jerk your agreement in a heartbeat.

Can't advertise a number below that, so they ask you to call or come in for a price quote.

You can [i']sell[/i] below MAP, you just can't advertise it.

Yeah just ask GC why they don't sell any Rics.

If you don't stick to it' date=' they will jerk your agreement in a heartbeat.

You can [i']sell[/i] below MAP, you just can't advertise it.

Thanks, I guess I kind of assumed something like that, but it does seem kinda shady, deals made whether or not they like you, and whatnot. I guess I agree with Murph on this, price should be the same for everyone. Go figure.

Thanks for the information though

Why on God's green earth can't you get the selling price from anyone without having to Email or have a secret talk about it?

I have found out the prices' date=' and while they are expensive, there are far more expensive guitars out there that have regular price tags.

Am I missing something?[/quote']

Rickenbacker-1.jpg

Because they are priceless........at least some of'em [flapper]

I am a Beatles fan but do not care for Ric's, I like the way they sound on somebody elses hands.

The ones I played had a "2x4" stud neck profile, not for me at all. Don't like the looks either.

But yea, why get bothered by the pricing strategy if you don't care?

I am a Beatles fan but do not care for Ric's' date=' I like the way they sound on somebody elses hands.

The ones I played had a "2x4" stud neck profile, not for me at all. Don't like the looks either.

But yea, why get bothered by the pricing strategy if you don't care?[/quote']

I was wondering if maybe it was an interesting story behind all of the mystery. Sorry for pissing everybody of then [smile]

I love Rickenbackers, especially the basses (my brother has one). When I went to the HOG to get my PRS, another person there picking up his 12-string Ric. It took 2 years (yep 2 YEARS!) for him to get it in. And I thought Neo's wait for his PRS was long. He loved it and didn't seem to mind the wait...

I am a Beatles fan but do not care for Ric's' date=' I like the way they sound on somebody elses hands.

But yea, why get bothered by the pricing strategy if you don't care?[/quote']

Well, to each his/her own, for sure. I've never had a bad neck, on any of my Ric's, or even

the ones, I've played. So, I'm not familiar (I guess?) with the "2X4 Stud necks." Some

don't care for the width, at the nut...especially, on the 12-strings...being "too narrow/crowded,"

in their opinions...but, I've adopted ways, of dealing with that, that are actually faster and

easier, to play the chords, that might be awkward, otherwise. Roger McGuinn, goes into

that, a bit, on his DVD, regarding the Rickenbacker 12-string. Anyway...I Love 'em, obviously. ;>)

CB

Gorgeous guitars. I don't hate Rics' date=' I think they are great guitars, I just can't get good sounds for me out of them. They have some sick stuff though, where is Neo with his?[/quote']

Thanks, Fred...and, like everything else, they're not for everyone. But, I've had a love of Rickenbackers,

clear back to "The Beatles,"...when my friends and I (naively) thought they were "British" guitars! LOL!

I love the sound of them...the 12-string, especially. Just nothing like it, for me. ;>)

CB

Archived