Gibson Brands Forums

Random Quotes by Famous Musicians

Tman5293

Now it's my turn to create a stupid game! [biggrin]

All you have to do is list a random quote from any famous musician.

Here's a few to start the game:

Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy

~Ludwig Von Beethoven

For those about to rock,we salute you. - AC/DC

Rock and roll ain't noise pollution. - AC/DC

Hear my song. People won't you listen now? Sing along.

You don't know what you're missing now.

Any little song that you know

Everything that's small has to grow.

And it has to grow! - Led Zeppelin

Music must never offend the ear, but must please the listener, or, in other words, must never cease to be music." - Mozart

"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved by concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils; the motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted." -Shakespeare, from "The Merchant of Venice"

"Do you think I give a damn about your and your pathetic violin?" - Ludwig Von Beethoven

The only rule is, NO REPEATS!!!! [biggrin]

“Rock and roll music, if you like it, if you feel it, you can't help but move to it. That's what happens to me. I can't help it.” -Elvis

“I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to.” -Elvis

"It was stumbling on to really the bible of the blues, you know, and a very powerful drug to be introduced to us and I absorbed it totally, and it changed my complete outlook on music." -Eric Clapton

"He not busy being born is busy dying." -Bob Dylan

"Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." -Bob Dylan

"Being noticed can be a burden. Jesus got himself crucified because he got himself noticed. So I disappear a lot."

-Dylan

"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked." -Hendrix

"I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes." -Hendrix

"There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another."

-Frank Zappa

"Each guitar has its own character and personality, which can be magnified once the player engages in beatin' it up." - Billy F. Gibbons

"People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent." -Bob Dylan

Not sure if you want to quote lyrics or just things that famous musicians have said.

I always like David Lee Roth's two rules to live by:

Rule 1 - "only sweat the big stuff"

Rule 2 - "it's all small stuff"

Archived