Gibson Brands Forums

What was your jobs as teens?

dem00n

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sheesh make me look like a crimnal. ;)

Well if the demand is there' date=' it keeps dopes like you in business[biggrin']

Students cheating on their mid-terms in college was nothing out of the ordinary. However I don't recall cheating, or services you could pay for that would help one cheat in high school[confused] .. High school was so damn easy, I don't see how any young adult that doesn't have a legitimate learning disability struggle with the remedial curriculum of high school[confused]

But your not helping them by doing their homework; your only helping yourself. So what we will have are more dumb individuals with a piece of paper and can't even begin to understand what that paperwork actually means or what it means to actually means to do research and homework to earn that HS Diploma.

Well that is if they pass with his help....

There are no "real" jobs here' date=' just fast food places.

[/quote']

"Real" jobs, I hate to say it, those are "real" jobs for a high school student. Wake up and smell the coffee, you don't start at the top. Do you think Warren Buffet, Lee Iacocca, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates etc. started at the top? No they started at the bottom, worked their way up the ladder. They worked hard, took risks and did jobs no one else would do. It seems as though most kids what everything given to them. Take the fast food job, stay in school, go to college, and work hard to "get out" of the cr@p hole you live in.

"Real" jobs' date=' I hate to say it, those are "real" jobs for a high school student. Wake up and smell the coffee, you don't start at the top. Do you think Warren Buffet, Lee Iacocca, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates etc. started at the top? No they started at the bottom, worked their way up the ladder. They worked hard, took risks and did jobs no one else would do. It seems as though most kids what everything given to them. Take the fast food job, stay in school, go to college, and work hard to "get out" of the cr@p hole you live in.[/quote']

I truly see your point Yoda, however the jobs that were available to young adults are just not there in today's economy. There are middle aged professionals having to supplement incomes by working fast food and waitering jobs.... To add, the adults have the paper route and grass cutting jobs, so it's very difficult for a young adult to even find a job.

However I do agree what dem00n is doing doesn't exactly rank high on the integrity scale, but he could be doing things that are much worse.

Duane has a point i could be selling atomic weapons or drugs. (ok mabye not atomic weapons)

Anyways this whole HW bussines is ending this year' date=' one 12th grade hits...done![/quote']

I'm doomed[blink] ..... dem00n and I see eye to eye on something[biggrin]

Just don't get yourself expelled.... Certainly you do not come off like a dummy to me[biggrin] ... Ya sometimes you're bit dorky, and you have a dopey internet persona. But if there is one area I give you credit, it's your ability to move on if things don't exactly go your way.....

From the outside looking in, I don't think you'll have much trouble in your adult life, but you have plenty of time before having to worry about the responsibilities of being an adult.... Have fun while you can[cool]

When I was 7 years old my grand dad put me in charge of collecting and packing eggs which we took to the market every two days. (1957)

When I was 12 I had a paper route.

When I was 13 I worked at a Union 76 gas station near Indio Calif. during the summer pumping Ethel and checking oil, washing windshields, checking tire pressure for the princely sum of .75 cents per hour.

When I was 15 I started working as a bus boy at a private country club and hotel, I worked there from Oct. to May every year till I was 18. I worked as a room service waiter sometimes..I delivered diner to Lee Marvin(he tipped me a $100.00 bill) Sonny and Cher, Bob Hope and many other actors and Hollywood types, and one weekend in January 1968 the Executive Committee of the Republican Party had a meeting at the Country Club,. I was one of four waiters allowed to serve the party. Nixon, Regan and Walter Annenberg were all at this meeting..each waiter was given a $500.00 tip, bus boys were given $250.00. Pretty cool...But then our next door neighbour was Shirley Booth...

During the summer when the country club and hotel were closed I worked at a Sambo's in Palm Springs Calif. as a dishwasher....that was the worse job ever, 128 degrees out side and I'm working in a sweatbox.....

I truly see your point Yoda' date=' however the jobs that were available to young adults are just not there in today's economy. There are middle aged professionals having to supplement incomes by working fast food and waitering jobs.... To add, the adults have the paper route and grass cutting jobs, so it's very difficult for a young adult to even find a job.

However I do agree what dem00n is doing doesn't exactly rank high on the integrity scale, but he could be doing things that are much worse.[/quote']

I have to disagree with you on this one duane. Two of my kids have ties to the fast food business and I've heard way to many stories about todays youth and their work ethic. Constant call off, foul-mouthed babies that were given everything by their parents and think they should have steady daylight and weekends off. If they don't like their schedule for the week they just stop showing up.

They can't find enough hardworking teens.

As a teenager my old my would've Kicked my @ss if I ever called off.

Im not runing any system.

These ****ing idoits would be on street doing drugs or some stupid ****** ****. Are you saying that just failing these kids would be better?

There are no "real" jobs here' date=' just fast food places.

Every ****ing job i apply for that isnt fast food is far away, mostly traveling is the problem.

Dont belive me? Move to Seaford.

Sorry for the ****s. [/quote']

"...idoits...."? dem00n, you are priceless.

I have to disagree with you on this one duane. Two of my kids have ties to the fast food business and I've heard way to many stories about todays youth and their work ethic. Constant call off' date=' foul-mouthed babies that were given everything by their parents and think they should have steady daylight and weekends off. If they don't like their schedule for the week they just stop showing up.

They can't find enough hardworking teens.

As a teenager my old my would've Kicked my @ss if I ever called off.

[/quote']

Sure there are some, but don't generalize too much. I worked through middle school on a farm and all through high school from bagging groceries and moved into the pharmacy at 17, played sports and got a 3.9 GPA. Worked 32 hours all through college. You talk about today's youth doing this but I will guarantee there were some in your generation who did the same. It seems as if every generation complains about the one that follows them on down the line.

My first real job was at 17. I had to get a work permit from the City of Norfolk because I was under age, so I could work for the bus company TMT. That's before the city bought it. I worked as storeroom clerk on grave yard shift. My job was to get the mechanics the parts they needed, This is before computers so I also had it keep up the card index for ordering new parts. Also the buses coming in from Tours had to be cleaned to be ready for the next day was also one of my jobs. Before that I was cutting grass in the area where I lived.

Newspaper routes; Made a little money on setting up Sunday newspapers (NYTIMEs/Daily News/Star Journal); Bicycle grocery delivery; Sales iin a Toy/Hobby/Sports/Bicycle store; Shipping clerk; Stock/maintenance for a couple of supermarket chains; Samples department for a perfume oils/flavorings company (pretty good job- they made the aromatics for flavoring pipe and cigar tobaccos. The aromatics also worked great on... ooops nevermind).

I read a thread on MLP that got me thinking.

Me....i sell homeworks.

Now it sounds like its not a job...but its hard and important.

I have 10 loyal custromers...sometimes i get temp ones that need one HW or two.

I charge 5 bucks each' date=' if an eassy i charge 10 because i have to sit down with my smart friends and think.

Each HW has to be diffrent...and perfected to that person

These 10 kids would of droped out if it wasnt for this little bussines...i wana give them hope, so they dont fail at life.

I want them to be productive humans like you guys...not ones that work at Fast food places till they are 40.[/quote']

To you it might sound counter intuitive, but if they keep dodging homework, they will definitely be working fast food places or other low wage jobs until they are 70, or drop dead at the end of a mop handle.

Don't kid yourself, you are HELPING THEM FAIL at life,... at $5 a pop. At some point, their lack of motivation will become apparent. By then it will be too late to re-boot their lives.

btw, I hope you spell check that boot leg homework better than your above post.

I do applaud your resourcefulness. But, try to find some other, more honorable way, of making a buck. At your age, fast food is not a bad way to make a buck. It probably pays better too.

Hey I did some of that too' date=' and bean walking.[/quote']

Yup, I bean walked too. But that was for my dad. For that, we worked cheap; a Creme Soda after 3 rounds through the field and tomato, bacon and toast sandwiches for breakfast. [cool]

You must have grown up in the mid-west. Me, Illinois.

I had a few teen jobs....lets see:

- Mowing Lawns/Shovelling Driveways

- Newspaper Route

- Fast Food (New York Fries)

- Pizza Maker (Dominos and a Mom and Pop shop)

- Painting underground garages (walls, pipes etc) - this job sucked

Thems the main ones that bought me stuff...hehe...

Archived