Gibson Brands Forums

Burning Question: What...

Californiaman

Same brand and gauge for the past ten years: Gibson Vintage Reissue in 11s. Don't know how you cats play with those rubber band gauges. I'd be bending strings off the fretboard or just breaking them left and right.

On my acoustic I use Martin Marquis in 12s. Great classic acoustic sound. Nothing too fancy.

Either Ernie Ball or Dunlop 10s on whatever electric I'm playing. I just got a pack of Dunlop acoustic strings and for the money (6 bucks) they sound good, and are an amazing price. Hopefully they last.

I want to go to all Dunlop stuff, hopefully they will want to sponsor me [biggrin]

Either Ernie Ball or Dunlop 10s on whatever electric I'm playing. I just got a pack of Dunlop acoustic strings and for the money (6 bucks) they sound good' date=' and are an amazing price. Hopefully they last.

I want to go to all Dunlop stuff, hopefully they will want to sponsor me [biggrin

Welcome to the dark side!

I use Dunlop strings as well...

Welcome to the dark side!

I use Dunlop strings as well...

What's the dark side? [smile]

They have the best stuff around. I use (almost) all MXR and Way Huge pedals... I still have my Vox Wah, that's it and it hardly gets used.

Tortex or Gator Grip Picks, Dunlop strings, MXR Pedals, Dunlop slide... It's great stuff.

What's the dark side? [smile]

They have the best stuff around. I use (almost) all MXR and Way Huge pedals... I still have my Vox Wah' date=' that's it and it hardly gets used.

Tortex or Gator Grip Picks, Dunlop strings, MXR Pedals, Dunlop slide... It's great stuff.[/quote']

Sounds alot like an endorsement deal. [crying]

Different guages for different guitars. Most of em have 10-46, some 10-52. My 7 string is 10-56. I use Ernie Ball on all my 6 string guitars. For some reason I never switched my 7 strings from D'Addario. I use 9-42 EB on my LTD MH cuz of the FR style bridge.

Archived