Gibson Brands Forums

What guitar would you like to see Epiphone develop next ?

I would really like see an Epi version of the ES-137 custom but with 3 P-90s and some type of tailpiece other than stop, I haven't decided yet.

I would also love to see a non-elitist Country Artist without the weird looking bigsby - Hmmmmm maybe a string bender option of some sort.

What do you think, any ideas ?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh...man! Hmmmmm. I'm still trying to get them to put the Elitist Riviera, and Sheraton (I) in or back in the line.

So, you want a kind of sharper cutaway Zepher Blues Deluxe, with a shallower body, and vibrato tailpiece, or some such? Speaking of Zepher Blues Deluxe...there's another one, they could put back, IMHO...either in the regular line, or the Elitist.

I'd (personally) like to see them start putting neck binding on the G-400's, too. But, that's probably more my own

preference, than a real "need?"

Id like too see a Supreme version of the LP ala Gibson LP Supremes.

But if they just upgraded the models they allready have with Better brand P'ups and more models with Ebony boards

I truly would be Very Happy with the Epi/gibson line.

I'd like to see Les Paul Standards, SGs and ES-335s with all the original details. It would be lovely if the neck profiles, body shapes, pickup and pickguard placement etc on Epiphones would be the same as in the originals - no more guesswork and differences between factories. Oh well, that's probably way too much to ask.

Let's start by renaming the G-400 to SG Standard :)

I'd like to see Les Paul Standards' date=' SGs and ES-335s with all the original details. It would be lovely if the neck profiles, body shapes, pickup and pickguard placement etc on Epiphones would be the same as in the originals - no more guesswork and differences between factories. Oh well, that's probably way too much to ask.

Let's start by renaming the G-400 to SG Standard :)

[/quote']

Me too, Biff...especially in the SG (G-400)'s...the body serfs (bevels/contouring). But then, I'd like to see

Gibson, go back to the deeper controuring on SG's too! They just look (and feel) better, IMHO!

Sigh...we can only suggest, and hope, I guess?

CB

If they would just give us some variety in an area other than the Les Paul models.

The thing I don't like about the the Dot is the dots. I'd rather see block inlays.

A single-cut or double-cut in AlleyKat size in the Elitist line.

A Les Paul Elitist in doggy poo....errr......root beer finish.

Uh, did you say the four guitars I'd like to see them make?

A pedal steel. Always wanted to learn to play one.

Must be the Michigan Hillbilly in me.

Man, that makes 2 of us WW. Always wanted to play one but decent ones are just too much $$$$ to take the chance on actually mastering, which is pretty difficult according to most players I've talked to.

Yeah' date=' I know this is the "electric" chat, but you don't specify, so I'll just say: BRING BACK THE BLUES MASTER![/quote']

No I didn't specify, but meant electrics. The bluesmaster was a really nice guitar. Nice to see aother local guy on the forum !

Yeah' date=' I know this is the "electric" chat, but you don't specify, so I'll just say: BRING BACK THE BLUES MASTER![/quote']

Yeah, I didn't specify but I meant electric......... The blues master was a very nice guitar though. Nice to see another local guy on the forum..Welcome !

lefty explorers... HANDS DOWN!!!

and of course--lefty v because all it would need is a reverse program for the body routing and lefy p-guards.... HAWT.

as far as general bodies-- i would really like to see some electric 12 strings.

How about a bringing back the L6-S? I remember drooling over them in the music store case back in the mid 70s when Gibson was making them.

How about with an alder body, or even maple (since weight wouldn't be too much of a factor) and a stop tailpiece, not string-through?

I'd love to see a Chinese Elite line.. that is to say using the same quality materials as the Elitists, and with the nicer neck profiles, but with only Chinese levels of workmanship. $600-$800 price range.

Hmm...maybe a Del Ray with set neck and p90s, Two versions in wraparound bridge or tremolo.

With the obvious popularity of PRS type guitars, Epiphone could jump the bandwagon, and still retain its Gibson signature.

1-018-018484_1-Epiphone-Del-Rey.jpg

They really ought to make their own model. How hard can it be designing something that sells better than that silly Futura? Hell, make it a contest!

Archived