Gibson Brands Forums

les paul issues.

Besides' date=' you would need baby fingers to play up that high.[/quote'] Truly .... heck, my fingers are already thick enough to give me a lil trouble on the top few frets of the LP, nevermind the neck joint...

v's mmm... how heavy are they. are they comfy when seated? i do like the rhodes one. i went back to my g400. i am happyer with the weight and tone of a les paul maybe even the look. the sg seems to be in the "wrong" possition for me seated or standing. the les paul is in the right possition for me. the way it hangs. i just need high fret access. i know in the 80's there was an improved neck joint on something. maybe a fernandes copy. am i the only one with this problem?:-s it's a shame no one seems to offer the weight as a spec on their websites. the heavier the better for me.

v's mmm... how heavy are they. are they comfy when seated? i do like the rhodes one. i went back to my g400. i am happyer with the weight and tone of a les paul maybe even the look. the sg seems to be in the "wrong" possition for me seated or standing. the les paul is in the right possition for me. the way it hangs. i just need high fret access. i know in the 80's there was an improved neck joint on something. maybe a fernandes copy. am i the only one with this problem?:-s it's a shame no one seems to offer the weight as a spec on their websites. the heavier the better for me.

They're REALLY light. Lighter than SGs on some. Back cutaways were meant for weight reduction without tone reduction.

Comfy when seated? Depends on your stance. If you can play with the neck angled and one side under your leg then they're good enough. Not for normal seated play.

That said, the rhodes V is NOT gonna give you the benefits of a real, 50's shape gibson or epiphone flying V.

The wood, tone, and "feel" of those is way off to me.

Well, weight varies HUGELY between different guitars.

There are non-relived les pauls at 7 pounds, and then there's SGs weighing over 8.

Wood isn't exact.

i was looking at the dc as a way of avoiding that point in your palm nasty neck joint. i really don't like it. i can't get comfortably at 20th fret. have there been any improvments made to it on any models? how do you play there comfortably?

The bad news is that Epiphone for some reason has recently enlarged the neck heel on their Les Pauls, making it harder than ever before to get to the upper frets. Now more than ever, the old Epis are the best Epis.

The bad news is that Epiphone for some reason has recently enlarged the neck heel on their Les Pauls' date=' making it harder than ever before to get to the upper frets. Now more than ever, the old Epis are the best Epis.[/quote']

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree.

newguitar013-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I believe so.

That would be nice, since I've read that the original Gibson single cutaway Juniors never had a tenon that extended past the end of the fretboard. So to be historically accurate the '57 RI should have a gap between the body and the neck, fat chance but still I think I now have to go and have a look :-

Archived