Gibson Brands Forums

This really sucks!!

daveinspain

CIMG2303.jpg

OK so you just got a new Les Paul and you want to check out everything like whats under the hood... You flip your beloved Les Paul over and unscrew the plastic pot cover but it wont come off... So what do you do, look for a very small flat tip screwdriver to pry it open? Not a good idea!! One little slip and you have your first painful scratch or a chip in the paint.

Try this works great!!!

CIMG2305.jpg

• 1 year later...
Never seen this thread before...

I don't like it...sorry Dave' date=' it's too anal.

I just (carefully) insert the tip of a pair of small grooming scissors into the screw hole and lift.[/quote']

Anal? Anal......=P~ ? You'll have to explain that one Timbo. Grooming scissors are anal....:-s Suction cups ROCK!

That's a great idea. Here are the other methods I have used...

I usually just lift it out by grabbing the last screw I back out and angling it a bit so the threads grab the hole.

Sometimes I just flip the guitar over and let gravity work.

A paring knife does the job too.

.... I like your idea better.

Ok, so you have the guitar face down, presumably, to unscrew the plates. UNscrewed now and you don't want to mar the finish with a screwdriver.

TURN THE GUITAR OVER!

just make sure when the plastic bits fall, they dont fall on the floor.

Ok' date=' so you have the guitar face down, presumably, to unscrew the plates. UNscrewed now and you don't want to mar the finish with a screwdriver.

TURN THE GUITAR OVER!

just make sure when the plastic bits fall, they dont fall on the floor.[/quote']

Excuse me 1319.... The original post clearly says a new Les Paul. Many times the plastic cover will not just fall off after taking out the screws and flipping the guitar over. After a newly painted guitar has been close up put in its case and shipped out there is a good chance the curing paint will prevent the cover from coming off without a little help. For that matter a change of temperature and humidity could cause the same thing.

Excuse me 1319.... The original post clearly says a new Les Paul. Many times the plastic cover will not just fall off after taking out the screws and flipping the guitar over. After a newly painted guitar has been close up put in its case and shipped out there is a good chance the curing paint will prevent the cover from coming off without a little help. For that matter a change of temperature and humidity could cause the same thing.

Ah, I didn't know that, I never really took mine off as soo as I got it.

Archived