Gibson Brands Forums

Why Don't You Post.....

Ron G

I think Charlie secretly wants to "do" Yoko:-"

Really? I didn't think it was a secret.

As for the Wiki whatever, I had a thread locked without so much as a PM to ask what was up with the thread.

To me that is no different than being censored or kicked off the forum, of which neither has happened to me here (yet).

I visit here and thefret.net

I don't even post here often anymore. I was a regular on the " old " forum but it just seems I find the same old threads here nowadays. It still is my favorite forum though with some nice guys and also some rather " colorful " characters ", aka. Uncle Al.

OK .... because there's little activity there.... plain and simple. I visit every day or two' date=' but ..... have posted little for whatever reason(s)[/quote']

Very little activity?

It's recorded 9,462 posts in its 97 days of existance.

That's about 97 posts per day on average.

Are you sure you are checking out the same site we are talking about?

<...> Several of our more knowledgeable members were banned forever' date=' and we have (or at least "I") don't really know why...especially the "Forever" thing. One guy, <...> [/quote']

Which is the main reason why I also visit the "other" forum. I consider some of those people my online friends and I like visiting them, plus they often offer very helpful information.

True there is some duplication between the two, but there is also some diversity.

I sometimes post in both when I originate the post, and I respond to posts depending on which forum I find them in.

When I go to the "forum that will remain unnamed" :D I often click on the "View Active Topics" link. That way I can avoid looking in each classification to find out what it happening there. I guess there are others who would prefer to browse category by category, so it's nice to be able to do either.

I also initiated a factory number thread there that has become a sticky, so if you wonder where and when your Epi was made, that is the quickest reference for that information.

Yes, for about a week it was extremely slow, but the problem has been resolved and the pages load quickly now. Of course, in this and in every other forum I have ever visited there have been times when it slowed to a crawl or disappeared entirely for a while. It's just a fact of life on the 'net. Servers crash, and weird things can slow them down.

I've never been suspended from this forum (no badge of honor) but I have had a few posts deleted and one thread I started locked - so I guess I'm just a lightweight ](*,)

(CB I too can't believe you got suspended)

I'd like to see more people post on the Wiki forum. I don't think it will every replace this one, but I do think it is an important addition to this one. One reason is we can post off-topic there (within reason), talk about other guitars there (yes, there are other guitars, although we all agree they are inferior to the Gibson family), and post about a lot of subjects that are of common interest to us, but will never survive the censors here. So one might think of the Wiki as the extension of this forum, the "lounge" or "bar" as some forums call their off topic section.

Insights and incites by Notes

The official Epiphone web forum gets lots of traffic because it is VERY easy to find. Once people find it, mostly new players, they can get answers to their Epiphone related questions quite quickly. It is ALWAYS stocked with new questions and new answers and is therefore QUITE interesting to look at and read. People tend to respond with detailed responses that actually answer their questions. They come back to read what others are being told and they learn. That's what happened to me. I learned how to set up a guitar and how to mod and it made me want to learn more. The people here have a GREAT knowledge base and sponges like me can pick stuff up and apply it. The internet is VERY fast, people go where there is a LOT of activity and interesting content. THAT is why the Epiphone forum here is as good as it is.

Here's to a more perfect world where Epiphone rolls-out that new/improved forum they've hinted at and includes:

--- a players category (tips/tricks/advice)

--- other guitar brands category

--- a search function that works as a tool instead of being a headache.

...and then buries their hatchet and emails an invite to all of the terrific contributors to return (like Smokestack, tukinator, RotcanX, garyelcrrt, and the list goes on....) Most of us are glad you've already made it back Ron =D>

This site is already "bar" enough for many of us -- I know I only visit here during down-time b/c otherwise I choose to play rather than talk shop. However, down-time is spent here b/c I do feel that contributing to help fellow musicians is a part of the "deal" we make for being players ourselves b/c we had/have help from others all along the way.

Bottom line is this (you asked for honesty): If/when correct answers and good people stop appearing here, so will I -- but that has not happened -- so here we are.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

Here's to a more perfect world where Epiphone rolls-out that new/improved forum they've hinted at and includes:

--- a players category (tips/tricks/advice)

--- other guitar brands category

--- a search function that works as a tool instead of being a headache.

...and then buries their hatchet and emails an invite to all of the terrific contributors to return (like Smokestack' date=' tukinator, RotcanX, garyelcrrt, and the list goes on....) Most of us are glad you've already made it back Ron =D>

This site is already "bar" enough for many of us -- I know I only visit here during down-time b/c otherwise I choose to play rather than talk shop. However, down-time is spent here b/c I do feel that contributing to help fellow musicians is a part of the "deal" we make for being players ourselves b/c we had/have help from others all along the way.

Bottom line is this (you asked for honesty): If/when correct answers and good people stop appearing here, so will I -- but that has not happened -- so here we are.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

I pretty much agree with what you said, Steve, except maybe for the part about people

being glad I'm back. To be completely honest, I would prefer that this site would not have

become such a power struggle between the members and the moderators. It seems that

that has quieted down quite a bit. Maybe Gary, Spud, etc. will consider coming back, too -

if they can stop being so angry, and if the moderators will leave things alone. Who knows....

Reading some of these comments, it seems that you are almost calling some of the newer people as being the "dregs of society". Nothing against the people that are no longer here, but it's almost as if you want your own "exclusive" club where membership is by acceptance only.

I'm not saying that is what your intentions are, but some of you can be read that way.

Archived