Gibson Brands Forums

what is a good amp for a G-400

nick8132

Wow; alot of variables to consider when recommending an amp. Theres many affordable amps offered by different builders nowadays. First you have to decide how many watts you need. Are you just playing at home ? Do you want tubes or solid state ?

Go to your local music store and play different models from differnt builders and see what catches your ear.

A Marshall of course. I have two. Both solid state. One I used to gig with and a smaller one for the bedroom. I prefer them in solid state. The Marshall I had eons ago also was solid state. I still own a Fender Sidekick reverb from the 80`s also solid state.

But I do regret getting rid of my two Fender tube amps. A Champ and a Deluxe reverb. I have to justify that I don`t play in a band anymore and have no room for everything so I downsized per wife`s orders.

A Marshall of course. I have two. Both solid state. One I used to gig with and a smaller one for the bedroom. I prefer them in solid state. The Marshall I had eons ago also was solid state. I still own a Fender Sidekick reverb from the 80`s also solid state.

But I do regret getting rid of my two Fender tube amps. A Champ and a Deluxe reverb. I have to justify that I don`t play in a band anymore and have no room for everything so I downsized per wife`s orders.

Ohhhhh, that IS a shame! Deluxe Reverb is one of THE best medium size Fender amps, going.

A true "Classic!" Original "Blackface?"

CB

Archived