Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson LP's and SG's ... WITH MAPLE NECKS!!!

midiman56

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well' date=' DUHHHHH, Gibson!! I've wanted a LES PAUL with a MAPLE FRETBOARD for YEARS!!!!

I even designed my own, using a "frank montag" software DIY guitar website:

Link: http://www.frankmontag.com/hobbys/custom_lp_style_guitar.htm

[img'][/img]secondtry.jpg

different design, w/ regular fretboard:

RedWineFlametop.jpg

They MSRP for $1942...... So you might be able to get one from MF for about $1500

That's an "Ouch" on the pocketbook' date=' though I do remember "back in the day" when spending

1,000 on a Gibson was standard practice. Now, the BIG Question: Will EPI offer a "natural Maple"

Studio version? Or, do I have buy a standard and sand the bejezzus out of it and replace the fretboard?

AND - where are the Gold Alloy frets?????

Man, that would be a PERFECT companion for my Worn Brown EPI LP Studio...

[img'][/img]100_0206.jpg

Do not pay more than 60% of list' date=' ever! If they won't sell it for that, walk away! ;>)

CB[/quote']

I'm gonna take that back..... The LP Studios that are currently MSRPing for $2100 on MF are selling for $1300..... I'll bet you could grab one for $1100

I'm gonna take that back..... The LP Studios that are currently MSRPing for $2100 on MF are selling for $1300..... I'll bet you could grab one for $1100

$1300 is 61% of $2100.

$1100 is 52% of $2100.

Does MF do "Layaways? (heh, heh - my next Christmas Present in mid/late summer). OF

COURSE NOT!!!! Lets, see...I'll sell my Raven West w/ upgrades, My beater, and that's all the

gear I'm willing to part with. FUDGE, I NEED A BAILOUT!!!!

mAYBE WATCH mf EVERYDAY FOR A "SCRATCH AND DENT"?

$1300 is 61% of $2100.

$1100 is 52% of $2100.

Does MF do "Layaways? (heh' date=' heh - my next Christmas Present in mid/late summer). OF

COURSE NOT!!!! Lets, see...I'll sell my Raven West w/ upgrades, My beater, and that's all the

gear I'm willing to part with. FUDGE, I NEED A BAILOUT!!!![/quote']

Trust me, I know how you feel...... My wife told me to not even consider another guitar purchase until 2010......%*$%** friggin frig!!!=D>

$1165 is 60% of $1942............. Man that is so tempting

The Natural finish LP will be mine! I think I've still got some money available on at least one of my credit cards.

Man, I've been looking for a maple-fretboard LP for years! Even if it is a fat-necked Studio I've gotta have it! Damn!

SGRPNSCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

I could easily imagine myself adding one of these to my collection.

Based on Charlie's mathematics - this isn't too bad a price.

The list price is $1665 - so if his 60% estimate is correct (which I have no reason to doubt), then the street price should be $999 (which makes a lot of sense).

If you think about it, an SG Standard is now (incredibly) pushing $1650. For $650 less I'll take the 57s and the absence of binding! I've got a spare G-400 case knocking around, so no problems there...

SGRPNSCH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

I could easily imagine myself adding one of these to my collection.

Based on Charlie's mathematics - this isn't too bad a price.

The list price is $1665 - so if his 60% estimate is correct (which I have no reason to doubt)' date=' then the street price should be $999 (which makes a lot of sense).

If you think about it, an SG Standard is now (incredibly) pushing $1650. For $650 less I'll take the 57s and the absence of binding! I've got a spare G-400 case knocking around, so no problems there...

[/quote']

I think with the SG you might even see pricing at where the faded series SG's are currently at ($850).

But what's puzzling about this Gibson attainable pricing on these series of guitars IS...... Why cant a fairly priced American Made Crestwood, Olympic, or Wilshire be produced??????????????

I've always been a fan of maple fretboards but hate the neck profile on the Studios. Nice looking guitars though.

Tell me more about the neck profile on the Studios..... I dig the neck profile on my Junior, so do the Studios significantly differ from the Juniors????

Tell me more about the neck profile on the Studios..... I dig the neck profile on my Junior' date=' so do the Studios significantly differ from the Juniors????[/quote']

The Studios have the 50s rounded neck profile; just too big for my taste. I can't compare it to the Junior as I've never had a chance to play a Junior. I have played the SG Special though and thought the neck profile was similar to the Studios.

The only Studio model I've ever liked was my '92 Studio Lite model which had a 60s slim taper neck profile.

Just one thing.

This isNOT a maple neck. It is a maple fretboard on a mahogany neck.

And it is a maple body.

Now logic would put a maple neck on a mahogany body. This is just backwards!

I look forward to seeing one in the flesh to see what the finish on that neck is really like. If it is like the carp GIBSON "fadeds" I saw recently, I will pass!

Do not pay more than 60% of list' date=' ever! If they won't sell it for that, walk away! ;>)

CB[/quote']

Uh, oh.... Just spoke with Musician's Friend Customer Svc, the rep and I both went to Gibson

Web site to look at Guitar. His response:

MF database shows item will be EVENTUALLY added to stock, had two "Natural" versions.

1. Natural Finish with CHROME hardware - $1399.99

2. Natural "Satin" Finish with CHROME hardware - $1499.99

Can't tell me any additional info, ie: difference between the two, not in database.

The Gibby site has MSRP of $1858.00

$1399 is 75% of $1858

$1499 is 80% of $1858

AND, AND, AND - WHERE's the GOLD HARDWARE like the GIBSON SITE shows?????????

Archived