Gibson Brands Forums

The Coolest Guitar Ever?

midiman56

Hey ... Got a spare $1000 lying around that you don't know what to do with? Hallmark Guitars is intriducing a line of George Barris themed guitars! You remember George Barris, don't you? He was the auto customizer responsible for the original Batmoble, the Munster's Coach and Grandpa Munster's Dragula. The Green Hornet's Black Beauty as well as more mundane cars like the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard.

Any hoo ... say hello to the Batwing! This guitar really appeals to the 60's kid that I still am in many ways ...

WingBat.jpg

WingBat2.jpg

See Grandpa's Dragula and hear some cool surf guitar music at:

http://www.hallmarkguitars.com/Barris/default.html

Atomic batteries to power ... turbines to speed ...

Jim

Wow, Rastus ... some of those are downright SCAREY!!! They remind me of the Necronomicon in the Evil Dead movies. I'd be afraid of the damn thing trying to take a bite out of me when I went to strum it!!!

JIm

I had the opportunity to play one of the Hallmark "Swept Wing" models at Cowtown Guitas here in Vegas. I liked it! It really had the vibe to take me back to the late 60's/early 70's style of guitar ... only it was very well put together and not the POS's we were playing back then.

That Deke Dickerson model is also very cool, in a "singing cowboy" kind of way. It's fun to see a what a few companies like Hallmark, Eastwood and DiPinto are doing.

Jim

How's about this one ????? Granted' date=' it's a bass ....

[img']http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj74/lazmail2/DAN.jpg[/img]

Ahhhhh, the 70's :-

Is that Dan Hartman? Man I liked his music way back in the day. Great work with the Edgar Winter Group snd some terrific solo work and writing for the "Streets of Fire" soundtrack. He also wrote "Living in America" for Rocky V and produced many hit albums for other artists. He died from a brain tymor in 1994.

Now I'm going to listen to "Free Ride" and play along.

Jim

Archived