Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD!

corcoran

Hello epiphone forums! I finally got my hands on a riviera. According to guitar dater project

Your guitar was made at the

Peerless Plant, Korea

January 1996

Production Number: 0907

It's amazing. But it requires a little cleaning and set up.

I got to get new strings and I was wondering what strings I can get. I heard that the riviera requires longer strings for the bass strings.

Would ernie balls work?

Oh and of course here are the really bad pictures taken from a cell phone.

IMG00073.jpg

IMG00074.jpg

OH GOD I LOVE IT!! :)

Hello epiphone forums! I finally got my hands on a riviera. According to guitar dater project

Your guitar was made at the

Peerless Plant' date=' Korea

January 1996

Production Number: 0907

It's amazing. But it requires a little cleaning and set up.

I got to get new strings and I was wondering what strings I can get. I heard that the riviera requires longer strings for the bass strings.

Would ernie balls work?[/quote']

Nice!!! I've had a couple of Rivieras with the Frequensator, I've never had any problem with strings.I haven't specifically used EB, but I don't think you'll have a problem. But try the D string first!!!

Seeing we're discussing Rivieras, I think I'll take the opportunity to post a photo of my 12 string Riviera:

l_ceebc6b61141dae0c8aedfcc6510ad93.jpg

Seeing we're discussing Rivieras' date=' I think I'll take the opportunity to post a photo of my 12 string Riviera:

[center']l_ceebc6b61141dae0c8aedfcc6510ad93.jpg[/center]

Bastid! I'd take off all my clothes and run over broken glass for one of those. That is probably my #1 12 string wet dream. Very nice. You're a very lucky man. I hope you take 'er down and play 'er once in a while. Beautiful women need their lovin'.

God. That riv looks amazing. How much was it when you bought it?

Bastid! I'd take off all my clothes and run over broken glass for one of those. That is probably my #1 12 string wet dream. Very nice. You're a very lucky man. I hope you take 'er down and play 'er once in a while. Beautiful women need their lovin'.

Thanks guys. It's my favorite 12 string electric of all time' date=' and I've gone through a lot of them. Including 3 Rics. The neck is just about the right size, the action is incredible, and the mini humbuckers are perfect for a 12 string. I had a bunch of 12s, but I sold them off one by one, the only one that came close to it was the Guild:

[center']12strings.jpg[/center]

I got it cheap because it was marked USED, if I remember correctly they were selling new for $1400 and I paid around $800. I was a little apprehensive, but the guy who refurbished it did a real top notch professional job.

Hello

this is a picture of a 1998 Riviera Epi (not sure of the date)

7627684376.jpg

I would know if this guitar was produced with bigsby B5, and this type of knob or if it was made later.

I haven't yet the serial number.

Got everything done. I used a set of DR strings and it fit well and all. I literally took apart the whole guitar and put them all together to clean spots of dust and smudges.

One thing I found odd was that the neck pup had no label on the back whereas the bridge has a SAMSUNG. Odd..

Both pups were wax and sound amazing. Here's a picture of the finished riv. Nothing different haha just took off pickguard.

IMG00082.jpg

corcoran, congrats! great looking Riviera! Rivieras are my favorites I'm up to 5 now. What gauge was the DR's that you used 10's,11's?. I know that it's a personal pref. but I like the look of the white pg.

C-Wam yours looks great too! How do you like the bigsby? I'm thinking about adding one to one of my Rivieras.

mgm

I'm going to put back the pg haha. It was experimenting. I'm using 11's. The guitar techy guy told me that I should aim for a darker, bassier tone so he recommended me the 11s. I dig the 11s but I like the easy "bendablility" of the 10s. So I might change back to the 10s.

And maybe I'll put P-94s since i worship the strokes haha. But I think I wanna have my own sound and try not to sound like someone. Although it's so tempting. I was thinking of having something different. I heard about bare knuckles. Extremely expensive but I've heard so much good out of them. What's your opinions on what buckers to put in it? I play stuff from the strokes and kings of leon. Thanks!

Archived