Gibson Brands Forums

Got a new toy - joined the forum - Hello!!

classic12

Hey everyone! Just got a new toy. An Epiphone Les Paul Classic 12 string. Pretty cool guitar. It is my second Epiphone. My first Epiphone purchase was a Les Paul Special II Limited Edition. I bought Special II for $120 new on sale. I thought it would be a fun guitar to beat on. Not expecting much for the price, it ended up being a great guitar for the money. I thought I would join the forum to find out a little more on my new 12 string I picked up. It is a 2000 year model with cherry sunburst. There really isn't much info on these things on the web. My avatar is a picture of it. Pretty clean guitar with not even a scratch on it. I have the switch label for the pickup selector and the pickguard, just haven't put them back on. Rock on!!

Hi classic12 and welcome here.

I'm glad your's look much better than thisone' date=' we had here in the past

[img']http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv55/paruwi6172/spamCrazy/gibsonbackerPhoto-0004.jpg[/img]

GibsonBacker-HeadstockRear.jpg

http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=10668

:) :) [biggrin]

Peter

LOL! That is "classic'. I can't really tell from the pic but those strings must have been real close together.

This is a bit better, at least the tuners match each other!

GS112HeadFront.jpgGS112Rear.jpg

This is the head of the GS1 12 stringer I will be working on over the coming months. Notice the economical usage of wood!

The headstock face will be getting routed out to a depth of 3mm in order to fit a flamed maple insert leaving a 'binding' of the original black and the body will be getting a similar treatment with an inlayed bookmatched flamed maple deck leaving the original cedar to frame it then the addition of a Kent Armstrong HRE-1 closed face PU.

Archived