Gibson Brands Forums

What Comes With A NEW Epiphone Guitar.

Epi1

Just bought my 4th Epi - a gorgeous cherry 335 Dot. Price: $399. from Sam Ash. Of course, I had to buy the Epi case that it was shipped in (grumble, grumble), which was $99.00. The case came with a key. And that's all she wrote. No case candy, no warranty. Bupkis.

However, as far as warranty cards go, it seems that every company (not just guitar Co.s) offers their manuals, registration and warranties only online. Why? I imagine they're saving a fortune is paper costs...and probably processing costs. They may even get some financial/tax rewards for proving just how much they are not affecting the environment.

Anyhoo - it's a great guitar!!

• 2 weeks later...

New G400 66 SG Pro on Friday from Guitar Center. Got a thank you and a dirty set of strings I replaced when I got home. Hey, there's an idea. Since box stores throw all the goodies away why doesn't Epiphone insist they give customers a set of new strings for any guitar on display. After all the store got good advertising use out of destroying the new strings that came with the guitar.

I bought Epi LP Studio and Nighthawk in "traditional" shops in Poland. Besides the guitars, there were stickers, posters, warranty cards, manuals, truss rod wrenches, but no cable. I think for Nighthawk there should be a precise screwdriver for bridge adjustment.

I received nothing with mine & got it home today & the switch has a short. Not very happy at the moment. No wrench , no booklet, no paperwork at all. Maybe someone can give me some guidance as what to do besides just returning it. I love the guitar & saved for a while to get it. Not the way I pictured getting my first les paul

• 4 weeks later...

Um.. I bought my Dot 335 back in March in the UK. Box had the poster, bumper sticker and owner's manual but that was all. Dealer threw in a free soft case as part of the deal. Was there supposed to be a truss rod key and lead ??? or are such things dependant on country of purchase.

Um.. I bought my Dot 335 back in March in the UK. Box had the poster, bumper sticker and owner's manual but that was all. Dealer threw in a free soft case as part of the deal. Was there supposed to be a truss rod key and lead ??? or are such things dependant on country of purchase.

For some reason, I can't multi quote, but see my post #126. Short story - you should get it all.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, this thread being pinned to the top of the active forum is a mystery to me. The answer after 10 responses, much less 150+ responses, is there are a few inexpensive items supposed to come with the guitar, but only 1 in 3 customers actually receive them. Epiphone does a good job providing all this, and the dealers throw it out if they get the chance. Of the expected items (poster, cable, sticker, key) the truss-rod key has real utility, as is a pick guard if one was provided as optional.

• 3 weeks later...

You know, this thread being pinned to the top of the active forum is a mystery to me. The answer after 10 responses, much less 150+ responses, is there are a few inexpensive items supposed to come with the guitar, but only 1 in 3 customers actually receive them. Epiphone does a good job providing all this, and the dealers throw it out if they get the chance. Of the expected items (poster, cable, sticker, key) the truss-rod key has real utility, as is a pick guard if one was provided as optional.

I have to disagree. I recently bought a different brand guitar that didn't come with any documentation. I learned months afterward that in order for the warranty to be valid it was supposed to be registered within the first month by sending in the card that was supposed to be included. I only found out by accident because the guitar had an electrical problem and did need warranty service. Fortunately the warranty was honored, but I was not happy about the missing materials. It is not typical for warranty and other documentation to be thrown away for other types of products and I don't understand why it should be the case with guitars, or why it is tolerated by the company and the customers.

And by the way, in addition to the truss rod key I feel the guitar cable is of significant value. I have a new Epi on the way and I'm going to ask about these things if they're not included.

My 2 SG's are 2nd hand, and one of them came with an Epi case (My latest one that is). I have an Epi LP Uke, that came with a bag, a poster and some stickers, which are still in the bag, as I bought a nice case for it.

I just joined the Epi family a couple days ago when my LP Standard Plus Top Pro arrived. I ordered Honeyburst, but the delivered guitar looks more like the Iced Tea finish. Odd... Has the color spec changed? Or is the factory labeling them incorrectly?

Anyway. I ordered from Guitar Center, and from the looks of the shipped box, the tape was intact and no one had been in it. The poster, manual, truss rod wrench, bumper sticker, and warranty card were all in there. No instrument cable, though. Looking at the packing checklist that's on the warranty card, there's no instrument cable listed on the packing list. I'm thinking that they just don't come with a cable.

The cable is not advertised as being included with the guitar purchase, and does not appear to be being delivered. I suspect the mod might either want to take it off the "official" included items list, or have someone get on the ball and start putting those cables into the boxes! :)

Anyway. I ordered from Guitar Center, and from the looks of the shipped box, the tape was intact and no one had been in it. The poster, manual, truss rod wrench, bumper sticker, and warranty card were all in there. No instrument cable, though. Looking at the packing checklist that's on the warranty card, there's no instrument cable listed on the packing list. I'm thinking that they just don't come with a cable.

The cable is not advertised as being included with the guitar purchase, and does not appear to be being delivered. I suspect the mod might either want to take it off the "official" included items list, or have someone get on the ball and start putting those cables into the boxes! :)

I picked up my new Epi at Guitar Center a couple of days ago. It was also in an unopened box and had all the materials except the cord, so it seems the cord is no longer bundled.

Epi1, on July 2,2013 I purchased a epi les Paul IP90 special as a b-day gift for a friend new with box from G.C. in las Vegas (it plays awesome) it had a manual,poster,sticker,allen wrench no 10' cable. On July 14,2013 I went back to las Vegas G.C. online it showed they had a epi SG special in store and when I got there they couldn't find it so I started looking around and I found it, only problem was the neck was broken. They ordered another one and had it sent to my home I opened the box and the first thing I see is the sticker and poster were bent in half and ruined there was no manual , no inspection or made in decals anywhere on the guitar, all 4 neck screws were loose by a good 1/4 inch , the protective film was gone from the pick guard and there was no 10' cable and this came from epi direct to my home. On July 17-2013 I took it to G.C. they credited me and I purchase my new epi les paul traditional pro that I just love but they didn't have a box or the sticker,poster,allen wrench and for sure not a 10' cable. It also didn't have the straplocks on it but I have all ready been in contact with Gibson and they are sending the straplocks to me. Now I was in need of a new cable and ended up buying one along with a gig bag until I can afford a hard case. But there is 3 New epi guitars I have had in 30 days and not one had a cable.

Now I was in need of a new cable and ended up buying one along with a gig bag until I can afford a hard case. But there is 3 New epi guitars I have had in 30 days and not one had a cable.

Wow, rough ride. Seems that not receiving a cable was the least of the problems. Your story is an example of why I had my new guitar shipped to the store instead of my home - I checked it over and played it and made sure it was perfect before I took it away.

Wow, rough ride. Seems that not receiving a cable was the least of the problems. Your story is an example of why I had my new guitar shipped to the store instead of my home - I checked it over and played it and made sure it was perfect before I took it away.

It was supposed to be shipped to the store but the salesman had my order so messed up I'm lucky I even got that guitar at all. Another salesman had to show him how to use their computer after he could not get the order to go through, sad thing is he's worked there for like 4 years.

• 5 weeks later...

I have ordered several Epiphone Electric guitars from Musicians Friend. They did not include the cord. I contacted their customer service (MF) about this dilemma, and, each time, they sent me a cord, free of charge [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbdn] Also, on one guitar, I did in fact get the cord. But, when I plugged it in, it didn't work (short circuit/non attached wires). I sent an email to MF explaining this, they also sent a new cord out, cool. So, about half the time, I got no cord, and the other 1/4 of the time, I got a dead cord lol

So, they "made it right". Thanks MF [thumbup][biggrin][thumbup]

I don't know if this has been posted before, but if you don't mind dumpster diving, Guitar Center and at a few other store in my area, I have found the whole pack (sticker, poster, wrenches, etc...) still in the box that the guitars shipped in. I found them quite a few time when I was looking for a box to ship a guitar in and almost every time I saw a Epiphone box it had the pack in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I received the much coveted bumper sticker with my Wildkat, as well as the two-sided poster, owner's manual and wrench.

Now if I only have a vehicle to put the bumper sticker on. Maybe I should stop buying guitars and save my money for a car? Oh hell, who am I kidding!?!