Gibson Brands Forums

do you have a fear of spiders?

S t e v e

Black Widows haunt me!

It never fails they seem to be in every place I have lived in!

Yeah, they follow me every where I go, too. Usually in the garage or in my Snow Boot after sitting all summer [scared] . Most places that get Snow don't get Black Widows, but these mountains are real close to the Desert. If we get a couple mild winters in a row the Widows get real bad.

Yeah, they follow me every where I go, too. Usually in the garage or in my Snow Boot after sitting all summer [scared] . Most places that get Snow don't get Black Widows, but these mountains are real close to the Desert. If we get a couple mild winters in a row the Widows get real bad.

No problem here with black widows, but always watch out for brown recluses when hauling wood.

No problem here with black widows, but always watch out for brown recluses when hauling wood.

Even Worse! We get a member of the recluse family around here, but not nearly as often as Widows. Still often enough to check before hauling an armload of wood.

I've owen'd a couple Trantulas, My wife has a problem with all the Black Widow spider's around the yard. But the only thing that has scared me was Scorpins. Living in Fort Sill Ok. We had to shake out our shoe's or boot's every morning because they were everywhere. I saw what happens when someone get's stung. It ain't pretty and the pain they were in scared me. I thought the person was going to die. Spiders, Not so far.

Spiders are great. They eat, trap, or kill a whole bunch of annoying bugs like flies, mosquitoes, and gnats. My wife is deathly afraid of them. I just scoop them up and throw them outside. In my basement we have our own little ecosystem. The spiders eat the flies that get in and then this sucker eats the spiders

800px-Scutigera_coleoptrata.JPG

Spiders are great. They eat, trap, or kill a whole bunch of annoying bugs like flies, mosquitoes, and gnats. My wife is deathly afraid of them. I just scoop them up and throw them outside. In my basement we have our own little ecosystem. The spiders eat the flies that get in and then this sucker eats the spiders

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING? [scared]

OMFG, that thing is AWESOME! I too like spiders. As a child I'd leave crumbs my bathroom for ants to come. I lured the ants so I could have spiders. I am partial to daddy long legs. Flicking ants into the webs makes me feel god-like O.O

But seriously, I love bats and turtles and anything that eats insects. Mice are cute. I had a pet rat. Not sure I'd be cool housing a non-pet rodent,though.

Irrational fear of ROACHES...I'll scream like a little girl and nearly throw up if one comes near me.

Nope spiders don't bother me at all in fact I like black widows they have cool looking webs and eat allot of other bugs. My wife freaks out about scorpions though and sadly there really common here in Arizona we walk a couple of miles every night and I have a small UV blacklight that really makes scorpions glow and and I usually kill 6-8 scorpions every night.

The only bug that really bothers me is mosquitoes and I probably wouldn't even care about them except they buzz your ears I wish they would just get it over with and bite instead of buzzing around tormenting me.

Bugs and Snakes don't really bother me until they want a bit of me, but as for mossies, they were just put on earth for no other reason thanto wind everything that they come in contact with

Irrational fear of ROACHES...I'll scream like a little girl and nearly throw up if one comes near me.

Yeah, roaches make me nauseous too. Killing them is a pain because they are so juicy. Worried that their guts is infected with all sorts of nasty things.

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING? [scared]

It's official name is scutigera coleoptrata. You may know them as the basement centipede. It's one of those bugs you just live with. They are harmless to humans and hey eat a lot of unpleasant bugs.

Archived