Gibson Brands Forums

What's in your music collection that you don;t like to admit?

RB72

So I caught some of the 100 greatest atrists of all time last night on VH-1 (if anyone caught it the rankings are pretty bad. I mean Justin Timberlake ahead of Otis Redding and the Doors? Just bad.) and after seeing a few of the artists I realize I like some songs and artists that I normally wouldn't go for. For instance I have songs such as Naughty By Nature's OPP, and The Outfeilds Your Love on my Ipod. Hell, I even have some Faster *****cat on there. Maybe they're just for nostalgia, I don't know. I do know I like the songs despite not really liking the artists. So let's hear it...your guilty pleasures if you will.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Bruce Springsteen's Tunnel Of Love.

Frankly, I like it. I've heard a lot of criticisms of it, though--most of them that the songs aren't catchy enough.

I mean, they won't be if you compare them to anything from Born in the USA. Which is the one everyone seems to compare all the other ones to.

I dunno. Personally, I prefer Bruce's earliest days. Not to say I don't like his later output. I do.

I cant' be embarassed by the music I listen to....I listen to it because I like it so no point in hiding it...

Thought I know I have some that MANY people would be embarassed for me to listen to lol...

I got some trance music, a ton of hip hop, a bunch of classical, some Bon Jovi, got 1 ICP album...the bed intruder song made famous on YouTube (its catchy ok!)...

Madonna - Justify My Love, Oh Father

Nu Shooz - I Can't wait

Tim McGraw - Real Good Man

Jamiriqai - Travelling Without Moving, Alright

Everything But The Girl - Missing You

Jane Child - Don't want To Fall In Love

Snap - Rhythm Is a Dancer

I cant' be embarassed by the music I listen to....I listen to it because I like it so no point in hiding it...

Thought I know I have some that MANY people would be embarassed for me to listen to lol...

I got some trance music, a ton of hip hop, a bunch of classical, some Bon Jovi, got 1 ICP album...the bed intruder song made famous on YouTube (its catchy ok!)...

Whew! Glad I'm not alone.

I actually love 90's hip hop. Good stuff! That was the apex of that genre. Not really into trance. I was always more partial to break beats and jungle. I do have Collette's "A Day In The Sun" though. Great album!

Whew! Glad I'm not alone.

I actually love 90's hip hop. Good stuff! That was the apex of that genre. Not really into trance. I was always more partial to break beats and jungle. I do have Collette's "A Day In The Sun" though. Great album!

Yeah I don't listen to much hip hop from the 2000's....mostly 80's and 90's "rap" - thats where its at....i have some jungle/drum n bass and stuff too. I like groove, no matter what the genre is...

John Denver

ABBA

Jay-Z

Dr. Dre/Snoop

Madonna

"Bringing Sexy Back" by Justin T.

I would throw in Dixie Chicks since I am on this forum, but really, I think no apology is necessary: their musical skills are beyond spectacular. Actually, a person likes what he/she likes, period!

I'm not afraid to admit these but as someone else said, I don't exactly go around bragging about them either. I'm a sucker for a good melody no matter where it comes from. Off the top of my head here are but just a few that are in my Ipod.

-Toxic - Britany Spears

-Beautiful - Christina Aguilera

-You're Beautiful - James Blunt

-Freedom - George Michael (not the Wham song... although I kinda like that one too...)

Not at all Pippy. It's a good thing to not be ashamed. I guess my intent wasn't to see who's "ashamed" as much as being curious to see what artists popped up. (Although I WOULD be ashamed of Nickelback...but I digress)

Nothing...

If people think I'm weird thats OK by me.

100% agree. I stopped listening to what people think of me a long time ago. Of the stuff I guess I am supposed to be ashamed to admit, I guess it would be

1. 90’s gangster rap NWA and the like (I’m about as gangster as an accordion)

2. Pop tarts, Britney, Christina, Pink, etc.

3. 70’s story songs, C.W. McCall (Convoy anyone?!?)

Lets see .....

The Carpenters/ Karen's voice is just freakin' unreal.

The best of Burt Bacharach / a great song craftsman

k.d. lang Ingenue / Beautiful voice

I have no problem admitting this though the artist may be a little surprising to some.

Cookie,

I was never a KD Lang fan until I saw her at the House of Blues in Orlando. She blew me away and her band was top notch. Been a fan ever since. B)

Archived