Gibson Brands Forums

Songs that get worse with time...

NeoConMan

All the strings, then here come the horns, ol' Burton Cummings hittin' the high notes... [blink]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfPJJko-FM0

"These eyes - are cryin'... These eyes have seen a lot of love but they're never gonna see another woman like the woman that I have with yoooooooo......"

Don't get me wrong, Guess Who did some good stuff.

This ain't it.

---------------------------------------------------

Then this one - I'm sorry if I insult any fans, but this song sucked when it came out, and has gotten no better since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBttQmhDBw

Hippy dippy trippy jazz fusion whining from Marty Balin.

When did he remove his testicles? I seem to recall he was the ONLY guy who didn't bang Grace Slick...

Sounds like Bill Murray doing his Lounge Lizard act from SNL.

"So we're makin' luuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvv..... Hey!"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the strings, then here come the horns, ol' Burton Cummings hittin' the high notes... [blink]

---------------------------------------------------

Then this one - I'm sorry if I insult any fans, but this song sucked when it came out, and has gotten no better since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBttQmhDBw

Hippy dippy trippy jazz fusion whining from Marty Balin.

When did he remove his testicles? I seem to recall he was the ONLY guy who didn't bang Grace Slick...

Sounds like Bill Murray doing his Lounge Lizard act from SNL.

"So we're makin' luuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvv..... Hey!"

Ive never heard this song in my life. [blink]

I can believe that.

They are from the seventies - hence the title "...worse with time..."

Since you were born somewhat later, and spend most of your time...

Nevermind.

[blink]

---------------------------------------

Hotel California is still a timeless classic in my book.

Not really ahead of its time, but the guitar parts and tone done with Olde School gear...

[thumbup]

November Rain was an over-thought, over-wrought, over-done, over-blown ode to studio excess.

Slash's solo makes my skin crawl - again and again and again...

My opinion anyway - your results may vary...

[biggrin][lol]

Yep.

And both those guitarists are great players too!

I'll never understand what happened there...

Anybody who knows me knows I'm a BIG Lindsay Buckingham fan - weird as he is at times.

And I don't think I've heard anything by Justin Bieber yet.

Hanson was the last Pre-Fab Bubble Gum group I remember hearing, and that was a long time ago.

[thumbdn]

Good friend of mine in Kansas, known him since we were teens, his wife likes Neil Diamond.

[blink]

Sure, some of his songs are okay but she REALLY, REALLY likes Neil Diamond - more than appears healthy to me.

They've been married well over twenty years and she never continues to amaze me.

Barry Manilow too, some of that stuff has beautiful melodies and I love piano, but I'm not a "fan."

Yep.

And both those guitarists are great players too!

I'll never understand what happened there...

Anybody who knows me knows I'm a BIG Lindsay Buckingham fan - weird as he is at times.

And I don't think I've heard anything by Justin Bieber yet.

Hanson was the last Pre-Fab Bubble Gum group I remember hearing, and that was a long time ago.

[thumbdn]

They should have called the something else and Stevie Nicks should have just stuck to her solo stuff. Or they needed a whole new direction, like when Peter Green and his subsequent replacements were gone the built thier sound around Buckingham and Nicks. The should have built thiers sound around those two guys (Vito something and the other guy just escapes me) and Macvie, but they tried to get a Buckingham-esque sound instead. Strayed from what works for whats marketable....Hmmm, Is that selling out or just making a bad business decision? <_<

No el foldo there Neo too much money to be made.

The Rumors lineup minus Christine M regrouped for a tour this past year.

Oh yeah, they were kaput - released a quiet statement to that effect in like 1988.

Got the offer to perform at the Clinton Inauguration, it was too much to pass up.

(Remember ol' Bill using "Don't Stop" during his campaign?)

Well, that was so much fun (and $$$$$$$$) they decided to get back together ala The Eagles.

Christine was the last holdout, but she finally signed on for "The Dance" a couple years later.

Since then, they've been officially together but off and on.

Archived