Gibson Brands Forums

Let's make sure this NEVER happens

WahKeen

I thought it was from a video game.

Correct. It was a very bad Japanese to English translation from a video game called Zero Wing from the early 90's. Its one of the reasons we are blessed with Engrish these days.

I think its implication in the comic was to just highlight 1) nerds & video games are replacing the guitar 2) poseurs - because he probabaly wasnt old enough to actually know the game and Guitar hero isnt really guitar at all.

My son was telling me there is a toy/game company now making a 'guitar' where you can actually put your fingers on the 'strings' and it will sound the chord. I assume it works like a synth or something. It's not the real thing, but it sounds like a far better option than GH.

My son was telling me there is a toy/game company now making a 'guitar' where you can actually put your fingers on the 'strings' and it will sound the chord. I assume it works like a synth or something. It's not the real thing, but it sounds like a far better option than GH.

I think he's talking about WowWee Paper Jamz Guitars. Its distributed by the same people that make Guitar Hero. I was thinking about getting one just to see what its all about. I think they are only like $25.

Here is a link to a review. You can find them pretty much at any department store or Amazon, etc...

Paper Jamz Guitars

Correct. It was a very bad Japanese to English translation from a video game called Zero Wing from the early 90's. Its one of the reasons we are blessed with Engrish these days.

I think its implication in the comic was to just highlight 1) nerds & video games are replacing the guitar 2) poseurs - because he probabaly wasnt old enough to actually know the game and Guitar hero isnt really guitar at all.

Sounds pretty convincing, Robby!

Now can you explain that painting from Picasso to me? The one with all of the weird noses and eyes and stuff...

[biggrin]

BTW: Nice to see you over here.

Sounds pretty convincing, Robby!

Now can you explain that painting from Picasso to me? The one with all of the weird noses and eyes and stuff...

[biggrin]

BTW: Nice to see you over here.

Thats just what people looked like back then. Man didnt evolve into its attractive and symmetrical state until after Picasso's death in 1972. I though everyone knew that!

Incidently, I am now considering changing my member title from Captain Jerkbeard to Major Bulls**t.

Thanks for the welcome. And double thanks for calling me Robby...again [lol]

Rockband 3 from the picture ArtilleryOwl posted in another thread would be my guess.

RB and GH replacing real guitar = epic fail

Not gonna happen. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Agreed. RB and GH will never replace real guitars.

However, I'm not of the opinion that these games are all that bad. I know a few people who were actually inspired to start playing guitar after playing Guitar Hero.

That can't be a bad thing.. can it?

Not necessarily a bad thing if it does inspire them to try guitar. I love how some of the idiots I will see at parties discuss how "Expert mode GH is harder than a real guitar, therefore it takes more talent."

Lol. I have never played either GH or RB on guitar. I sang on RB a couple of times and it was fun because I'm not a great singer. I can carry an tune, but I'll never say I am a "singer". On guitar, I just haven't had the desire to "prove" anything to myself, since I play the real thing. But some kids will say "Even real guitar players find it hard to play GH, and I can beat you!" I'm like, ... "go make me a sandwich...".

Archived