Gibson Brands Forums

looong time no speak...

Jinder

Hi all,

Long time no speak! Apolgies for my absence in the last few months, I have been busy making a new album, doing Dad duty with my gorgeous 7mth old daughter Devon, and getting married!

I am currently in Paris on honeymoon...having a wonderful time with my beautiiful wife but really missing my guitars! My L00 is with my luthier for a setup whilst I'm away so I'm really looking forward to roadtesting the beast when I get home.

What have you fine chaps and chapesses been upto in my absence? Any fruity new purchases?

Yours, loved-up but itchy-fingered,

Jx

Oh that's so cool Jinder! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Glad to hear you are having a wonderful time and 'loved-up' lol And congratulations on the new album. Life is good, eh?

I have no new fruity purchases to brag of but how about a gassy purchase? I bought a 15 hh Tennessee Walking horse on Monday September 6. Her name is Sable and she's got attitude to spare (read, stubborn). Anyway, enjoy your honeymoon and know that good things await you when you return. =D>

Congrats to you, and your lovely wife and child. B)

Paris - now that's a place to honeymoon. Real nice.

As you noticed, the forum has been redesigned while you were away.

Since you asked, a few weeks ago I made a purchase - not acoustic - electric. A Ric 360/12, which I'm having a blast playing with.

10Ric360-12front-sm.jpg

Wondered where you got ti big fella. Congrats to you and Mrs Jinder. Very much looking forward to the new album. I thought the last one was fantastic. Will you be touring to promote it as I'd love to see a live show?

As for fruity purchases, mangoes are bogof at Sainsburys at the moment.

Best to you and yours.

Jinder, my only purchase since I last saw you is a 120 year old Bruno guitar. (in that same time frame, I have sold 5 guitars) "Bruno and Sons" has a very interesting history. Bruno was an early partner of C.F. Martin I, for three years, and never actually built a guitar, but had many built by various builders, and are pretty well respected and sought after. This one has a Spruce top and Brazillian B&S, with a very interesting rosette. Here is some pics and a youtube:

Brunofullfront.jpg

BrunoRosette-1.jpg

BrunoBackBrazillian-1.jpg

Since you asked, a few weeks ago I made a purchase - not acoustic - electric. A Ric 360/12, which I'm having a blast playing with.

10Ric360-12front-sm.jpg

Nice Ric BigKahune! Your fireglo looks amazing!

My Ric 360/12 FG is my pride 'n joy! Tough to play even when setup properly, but oooohhhhh what chime and jangle!

Here's mine:

DSCF0728.jpg

And here is a link to hear it recorded:

Turn, Turn, Turn

Sorry to hijack your thread Jinder - gotta comment on the guitars and clips.

OWF -

That's a sweet little Bruno. Love the simple finish and rosette. Sounds real good in your clip. Nice.

Drathbun -

Ah, a fellow Ric-o-phile and lover of the 360/12 Fireglo.

They are sooo much fun - once you work out adjustments to 12 strings on a 6 string neck. B)

You've got a very fine specimen there. And your turn on Turn, Turn, Turn is right on. Nice choice - you can't get much closer to the beginning of folk rock than that.

Congrats on everything and a baby girl also what a life changing experience and the good thing about baby girls is you lose two stages of your sleeping life the first one as babies your living through now the second much longer and much more difficult years of sleep will start when she's about 15 that's when their heads start to spin and they can really punish a poor father.

That one ends also thank God my little angel is 22 now and we both survived.

Hey Jinder, congradulations on everything except missing your guitars.....lol.....be sure to send links about the new album, and have a great time, even though you are in France...lol....hopefully the noses in the air don't block out the sun for you.....

Hey wily I am French no slams please ! [-X

10Ric360-12front-sm.jpg

Nice Ric!!!!

Congratulations on your marriage and your daughter. I picked up one of the infant Jinder t-shirts for my youngest daughter who is now nearly 18 months old but the whole family got a big kick out of it. I'll have to post a pic sometime. "Hazel County" remains a staple of our musical diet. I would love to get you to LA for a concert at McCabe's because a) it's an awesome place and B) you're awesome. Glad to hear you are working on a new album because the world needs more Jinder music. Be well, friend.

Hi all,

Long time no speak! Apolgies for my absence in the last few months, I have been busy making a new album, doing Dad duty with my gorgeous 7mth old daughter Devon, and getting married!

Sounds like plenty of amazing inspiration for a new album. Here's wishing you nothing but the best!

Guth

Archived