Gibson Brands Forums

More About the Epiphone Nighthawk...

Epi1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pete that would be a Gibby LP Studio you can get them a bit cheaper in OZ but not much.

I recently got my Robot for $1500.

You can get a Epi LP Studio for around $500 if your lucky.

I cant wait to see the full specs on the new EPI Nighthawk, such as neck profile etc etc.

I think the Gibby 2010 standard nighthawk is poo it has no angled pickup

Pete that would be a Gibby LP Studio you can get them a bit cheaper in OZ but not much.

I recently got my Robot for $1500.

You can get a Epi LP Studio for around $500 if your lucky.

I cant wait to see the full specs on the new EPI Nighthawk, such as neck profile etc etc.

I think the Gibby 2010 standard nighthawk is poo it has no angled pickup

Oh please, the gibson one looks like god throw up and Gibson nighthawks came out.

Buddha made the epi ones. [lol]

Im still deciding which one to get, the only thing holding me off is the wood in the Gibson.

• 3 weeks later...

EPI 1; Looks like you have a winner here.....I'm getting one as well.......someone else requested this as well........Goldtop, please.........Silvertop, so I can have twins...

And, to answer questions about pickup upgrades, many small companies will custom build and wind pickups, just a thought...............

One of my favorite settings on the old Nighthawk was the bridge humbucker and mini humbucker together, shame that is not offered on this model. It does seem that the 3rd position on both settings (with pot pulled up or down) is the single coil pickup by itself. Why not have the bridge humbucker and mini humbucker together on the 3rd setting in the full humbucker mode? This would give the guitar 10 sounds and since production has just started, could be easily added.

• 2 weeks later...

I already ordered a Trans black .Wonder how long I will have to wait for it to arrive in UK .Great news about the Seymour Duncan slanted pickup .It does seem ironic that a guitar manufacturer should negotiate with an outside supplier for a replacement for its product .It sorta of surrendering before the mast .Its the correct way to go .If it came equipped with SD's I probably couldnt afford it in the first place but I can upgrade later .Bad Gas for this one .I might go for the Allparts neck mini ,it seems highly rated .

Archived