Gibson Brands Forums

Don't you hate it when...

daveinspain

Don't you hate it when your typing vigorously and really getting your idea or point down and after a few lines of typing you look up and see you were typing with the caps lock on... ](*,) Man I hate that, then you have to go back erase everything and start over.

So why can't someone figure out a simple alarm/sound that goes off if you are typing too long with the caps lock on. I mean there is auto correct for spelling so why can't someone incorporate caps lock detection.... Just sayin'...

I do hate it when that happens. I do it all the time

However, to the points raised:

1) There IS an alarm - most keyboards have a light on them when the Caps key is in effect.

2) Safari has a thingy under Edit/Transformation that toggles case of the entered text. (I'm not sure, but I think it's a pretty common function - you just have to find it.)

look up and see you were typing with the caps lock on...

So why can't someone figure out a simple alarm/sound that goes off

Kinda like driving along when you hit the left turn signal you realize the right signal has been on for miles....

(Not that I've ever done that myself - lotsa old folks here in Arizona)

There IS an alarm for that on some vehicles. [flapper][woot]

I hate it when I type so fast and my timing of hitting the shift key is off when I try to type a capital letter at the beginning of a sentence. And of course trying to type so fast I hit the wrong keys and have to go back for corrections. Just had to fix three errors in the previous sentence. If I keep going, I'll have to keep going back for corrections, so I'll stop now. [unsure]

Here's a thought -

Just look up at what you're doing. [flapper]

[lol] Ok, I guess I'm really slow on the uptake.

I was wondering how anyone could be typing away, and NOT realize their caps lock was on. I just now realized that it's because they are looking down at the keys.

<- DAAAAARRR

That's what why in Computer Typing class they teach to keep your hands on the keyboard and look at the screen when you are typing.

My typing teacher in Jr. High was also the Metal/Plastics shop teacher. He fashioned some very nice fitting covers that he would clip on to the typewriter and cover your hands if he caught you looking. Pretty clever guy.. <_<

Dang.. I learned on a typewriter. I'm not even sure if my kids know what a typewriter is.

Several years of retail experience managing accounts using the computer I've pretty much got the whole not looking while typing thing down. I'm watching TV right now while I do this update. I can even usually think back to how many keystrokes back I made a mistake and correct it, without looking (usually).

My typing teacher in Jr. High was also the Metal/Plastics shop teacher. He fashioned some very nice fitting covers that he would clip on to the typewriter and cover your hands if he caught you looking. Pretty clever guy.. <_<

Dang.. I learned on a typewriter. I'm not even sure if my kids know what a typewriter is.

I remember a typewriter computers didn't start taking over until the 1980s until now.

With my modest computer skills, I tell people I'm really not computer literate.

Computer hostile is more like it.

The simplest sh!t can wreck your day when you don't know what the hell is going on.

Anybody ever accidentally hit the "insert" key without noticing and then go back to edit something?

Every letter you type erases one in front of it.

Coupla days of this sh!t.

Finally asked one of my Alpha Geek buddies at work - he laughed his butt off.

Good times, good times....

(My keyboard almost did not survive that one)

With my modest computer skills, I tell people I'm really not computer literate.

Computer hostile is more like it.

The simplest sh!t can wreck your day when you don't know what the hell is going on.

Anybody ever accidentally hit the "insert" key without noticing and then go back to edit something?

Every letter you type erases one in front of it.

Coupla days of this sh!t.

Finally asked one of my Alpha Geek buddies at work - he laughed his butt off.

Good times, good times....

(My keyboard almost did not survive that one)

You mean like this

Archived