Gibson Brands Forums

If you own a strat

Andre S

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no time like the present.......I don't know what time zone you're in but it's 11 PM where I am. So when Sunday comes for you, go buy one. I recommend MIA.

Same here.

I can't buy it yet.

I am waiting to find out something about a really nice Gibson(used)

If I can't get it then I will go for a strat and a cheaper Gibby....

Buying used is always a bit of an issue because its harder to get in contact with the sellers and more expensive for the guitar when you convert it. Plus shipping back and forth incase there is any problem.

Same here.

I can't buy it yet.

I am waiting to find out something about a really nice Gibson(used)

If I can't get it then I will go for a strat and a cheaper Gibby....

Buying used is always a bit of an issue because its harder to get in contact with the sellers and more expensive for the guitar when you convert it. Plus shipping back and forth incase there is any problem.

Plus I have to buy it online....so I can do it anytime!

American Standard in Black with a Maple fretboard is looking mighty Claptonish now.....and beautiful! [drool][drool][drool][drool][drool][drool]

ive got a 3-tone alder american strat, maple fretboard. changed up a few things like the pickups and the pickguard.(forgive me for not having a picture on hand [glare], gonna have to settle for stock pictures from fenders website)

0110402700_xl.jpg

ive got another strat on my must get list though, i played a fender american deluxe ash a year or so ago, fell in love with it. its been somewhat out of my price range for a while though...=\

0119300752_xl.jpg

rocketman, that strat of yours drives me crazy [woot]

50's Gretsch lap steel on couch, 05 Ash Tele, 93 Standard, Ash Strat, humbucker Strat.

1415693736_cb29f2c9d3_z.jpg

1993 American Standard - completely stock, no modifications whatsoever.

3374990608_26d68856b6_z.jpg

Going for that seventies vibe...

Home-made Strats, all American parts, Highway One necks, Fender/Schaller locking tuners, Fender trem, Gibson pots/switches.

Ash body, Fender Dove P-90's.

3375030724_0571f591bf_z.jpg

Alder body, Wide Range humbuckers from '72 Tele Deluxe reissue.

3375030716_7916545698_z.jpg

I do not own a Strat. I desperately want one. Not as much as I want a new amp, and not as much as I want to be allowed to actually store an amp in my dorm room. Apparently I can't do that, which is why I am plugging away on a nylon-stringer right now, and I have to admit that I don't really like it all that much.

I have been itching to head out to a guitar store lately, just to play around on gear which I don't own. If I could (and I might be able to fairly soon, I don't know) the first thing I would probably look for is a really swell Stratocaster.

Archived