Gibson Brands Forums

Pedalboards of the Pros

surfpup

I get excited over a lot less - like when I see my tuner on a pedal board for a Guitar God.

(Boss TU-2)

But since you do use a Boss TU-2 in your set-up, doesn't that make you a Guitar God ?? [biggrin][woot]eusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gif[lol][rolleyes]

Eh, I dunno.

That pretty much IS my set up, I'm a minimalist.

Sometimes I throw in a Fulltone OCD as seen in several of them pics.

Add an A/B/Y splitter, and that's my entire rig!

Anyhow, a plus one for fueling my Walter Mitty Guitar God dreams!

[thumbup]

It seems like that many of the pros remain to use the Boss TU-2 tuner, I guess its been proven to be road worthy.

With the exception of the DD3 every Boss pedal I have encountered has been built like a tank. They may sound generic and dull, but they never fail. Now that floor tuner technology has improved exponentially I hope to upgrade my TU-2 to a TU-3 or something that is more precise. +/- one cent is not enough.

Two observations from my angle.

1. Love the Klon Centaurs, especially on Nels Cline's board. He says it is the only pedal he cannot live without. During his hired gun phase he would bring his guitar and this pedal and use whatever amp was available. I want to try one of these so badly, but they are very rare and very expensive. Not crying too much since I have been very happy with my Maxon OD808.

2. Saw a lot of the forest green Tube Screamers. Anyone know what makes this version special?

With the exception of the DD3 every Boss pedal I have encountered has been built like a tank. They may sound generic and dull, but they never fail. Now that floor tuner technology has improved exponentially I hope to upgrade my TU-2 to a TU-3 or something that is more precise. +/- one cent is not enough.

TC Electronic's Polytune..is an incredible tuner...Great link!..Loved seeing all the boards. My pedalboard was listed on the amateur pedal-board section..I really enjoy Premier Guitar and there magazine

They are the original and holy grail of the TS line.... Iby just released a re-issue with all the original parts and hand made with a 300.00 price tag.

Thanks.

Is it closer to the 808 or the TS-9 or is it its own animal?

Funny that the pros are not too concern on tuning precision as the average musicians [confused] If they did, you would think they would of upgraded by now. Nevertheless, I think the TU-2 is a great tuner, as I have it as well as the TU-3 and Korg Pitchblack.

Funny that the pros are not too concern on tuning precision as the average musicians [confused] If they did, you would think they would of upgraded by now. Nevertheless, I think the TU-2 is a great tuner, as I have it as well as the TU-3 and Korg Pitchblack.

When you have a guitar tech to hand you a new guitar, freshly tuned with a strobe tuner your floor tuner doesn't matter that much. And I did see more than a few TC Electronic's Polytune, Pitchblacks, and a Peterson flip strobe.

Nice to see so many Boss tuners. Also nice to see a Mutron. Thought I was the only one to have something that old. [biggrin] I agree with Jocko, didn't know many of the guitarists. Wish they would have stated their names and bands better.

Would have been nice to see Alex Lifeson's rig also, but you can't have everything.

...Also nice to see a Mutron. Thought I was the only one to have something that old. [biggrin]

I still rue the day my Mutron Phasor II crapped out. It was the best sounding pedal I had. They are indeed getting rare. Need to pony up the big bucks and buy another one one day before they are all gone.

Cool link surfpup, thanks. I see Cantrell has his tech run his board. Slash does this too. I don’t think I could ever get comfortable with that unless I was really tight with the tech and trusted him (or her [thumbup] !!) What about you guys? Would you be alright playing a show and trusting someone else to run your board?

Archived