Gibson Brands Forums

ksdaddy's version of an OWF ugly thread

ksdaddy

OWF posts some pretty odd guitars here and I'm not trying to outdo him, but this one is under my skin like a heroin needle.

No, it is NOT a Rancher. You know all those fake Gibsons that show up on ebay with no truss rods and a Martin square headstock that I hve claimed to be made in the Philipines? I think this is made by the same people. I had a much toned-down version back in the 80s that truly DID look like a Rancher but (ha ha) it said GIBSON on the headstock.

I have no delusions of making this playable and I don't know how stupid the bids will get, but I will toss a bid in at some point.

My god, this thing is soooo ugly I WANT IT I WANT IT NOW.

ebay link

2j1u8ep.jpg

6sqcfk.jpg

OWF posts some pretty odd guitars here and I'm not trying to outdo him, but this one is under my skin like a heroin needle.

No, it is NOT a Rancher. You know all those fake Gibsons that show up on ebay with no truss rods and a Martin square headstock that I hve claimed to be made in the Philipines? I think this is made by the same people. I had a much toned-down version back in the 80s that truly DID look like a Rancher but (ha ha) it said GIBSON on the headstock.

I have no delusions of making this playable and I don't know how stupid the bids will get, but I will toss a bid in at some point.

My god, this thing is soooo ugly I WANT IT I WANT IT NOW.

ebay link

2j1u8ep.jpg

6sqcfk.jpg

If you want it so bad buy it. I don't think you need anyone's permission or approval around here to do so.

Karen I think the best way to deal with the sound issue would be to mount an old Radio Shack cassette recorder inside and just hit the play button when needed. I suspect it sounds worse than anything you can dream up. My experience with this family of guitars is that they sound even worse than they look, rivaled only by a $12 60s Kay with a 1/4" thick top.

And the necks are usually twisted.... and strings are straight.... that presents a logistical problem by itself.

Yeah, baby, that's the s***, right there!

I must be channeling somebody who died before 1960 because all my life any time I saw a cowboy-esque guitar I'd get a weird feeling of familiarity. I got the same feeling the first time I laid eyes on a blone Telecaster.

Maybe I was a rockabilly Bakersfield Gretsch Tele picker that died just prior to August 27, 1960.

Karen I think the best way to deal with the sound issue would be to mount an old Radio Shack cassette recorder inside and just hit the play button when needed. I suspect it sounds worse than anything you can dream up.....

Scott, I still have a few cassette players hanging around here. If you want I can send them to you! [biggrin]

OWF..

All of the reviews I've read about acoustic guitars say that Brazilian rosewood has tremendous clarity in the bottom end..

I wonder what the ****essments would be about that one's bottom end?

Now that you mention it Steve, it DOES look like a brazillian bottom end.......hmmmmm, wonder about the front????

Archived