Gibson Brands Forums

Just bought my 1st Les Paul

The Chairman

I have done it - just bought my first Gibson Les paul. No idea why am posting it on the forum just wanted to share my excitement with other enthusiasts. It will come by carriage am now worried, will it arrive? Will it be broken? What if its not as good as they say?

Any one else had similar experience?

I have done it - just bought my first Gibson Les paul. No idea why am posting it on the forum just wanted to share my excitement with other enthusiasts. It will come by carriage am now worried, will it arrive? Will it be broken? What if its not as good as they say?

Yup, but it was my second. I ordered a 1960 re-issue and was scared to death I wouldn't take to it. I worried for nothing. When I opened the shipping box at the store, the staff started to gather around and drool. You couldn't rip the smile off my face. To me, it was and still is the most beautiful guitar I had ever seen first hand.

The waiting was killer. I literally had difficulty sleeping.

I love showing pics of this one.

IMG_0043.jpg

Don't forget your pics once you receive it.

Congrats.

Dave

Gratz your new axe!!

I'm thinking most of us showed up here due to our excitement about getting/having/wanting a Gibson guitar, so you're in good company :D

Oh yeah, and I second that it's just another unicorn until we see pics!!

Don't worry... it will get there. If it's damaged, you can have it replaced. If it isn't set up to your liking, a quick trip to your local luthier will fix that right up!

Some other points...

Your G string will go out of tune. This does not make your guitar defective. You can fix it with some Big Bend's Nut sauce or graphite, if you prefer.

Strap locks are a must... and folks will drive you nuts with why one brand is better than another.

You'll want to pick up these:

Gibson Guitar restoration Kit for keeping it clean and shiny

Gibson Les Paul Handbook

Oh, and a 100w Marshall Stack to play in your bedroom.

Alright, maybe not that last one.... :D

You'll love it, no doubt. I too had problems sleeping waiting on mine to come in the "mail." I was worried it would get broken, be fake, not play worth a darn etc etc. My fears were assauged as soon as I dug into it! Post up those pics ASAP!

enjoy the new guitar. I'm waiting on my second Les Paul.. Should arrive tomorrow--a traditional plus, heritage cherry sunburst. My first Les Paul-- a 1980 Custom is still in my possession and will have to be pryed (sp?) from my cold dead hands.

Did a lot of deliberating on this one. My biggest concern..let's face it. Fret 22 on the high E is a pretty essential note and tough to snag on a LP. You need to develop a sort of style and positioning of the hand to get it. Other axes are easier including Flying Vs and SGs...but EVERYTHING ELSE just kept telling me get the Les Paul. There really is no substitute. Rich

Archived